So i've been playing guitar for about 9 months and over the course of 9 months i've gotten pretty good. I was wondering if anyone could recommend me some new gear. I currently use a decent Ibanez gio (in one of there starter packs), and a line 6 spider III. I have a cheap boss pedal and a couple of livewire cords. I mainly play stuff like August burns red, i killed the prom queen, bring me the horizon, the devil wears prada, etc. I was thinking about getting a scheter or an ibanez RGX but I really don't know. And for the amps, im lost, I love my line 6 but its not ideal for stage performances, so if anyone would make some suggestions thanks.

-will
Budget?
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
Quote by leftyace
Budget?

anywhere from 250$-900$, for the guitar

250$-1000$ for the amps
I would just wait till you get more experience. It seems like you're just doing it just to do it. You don't see any problems in your current gear yet. Wait till you see them and then work from there. Or just start going to guitar stores and playing everything you can find. Then you'll have an idea of what you're looking for.
Quote by Vices
anywhere from 250$-900$, for the guitar

250$-1000$ for the amps

I hate you and your high budget......I wish I had money
He's no good to me dead-Boba Fett
Quote by JELIFISH19
I would just wait till you get more experience. It seems like you're just doing it just to do it. You don't see any problems in your current gear yet. Wait till you see them and then work from there. Or just start going to guitar stores and playing everything you can find. Then you'll have an idea of what you're looking for.

Well replace that amp though.
He's no good to me dead-Boba Fett
I do need more experience, but my guitar is actually falling apart because i've been playing it about 4+ hours every day, and i'm starting to sweep harder stuff and it's just not working for me b/c of its 22 frets. And it doesnt have alot of fret access higher up. Currently guitar is what I want to do as my job :P. I've been browsing whenever I can but I don't know what type of guitar I should try, b/c my local guitar shop is guitar center which has tons of guitars to try so it's hard to try everything haha.
how about you upgrade ur guitar instead? Add some DiMarzios/Duncans to the Ibanez etc.
Quote by necrosis1193
Somewhere in a concert hall in Sweden, you have just caused Yngwie Malmsteen physical pain. You also caused him to catch on fire.

Quote by frusciante.ve
I like that new song of theirs that goes all "peeeeeaaaas wiiiill comeeeeee toooo meeeee"

Just because you Seymour Duncan, doesn't mean you Seymour Dunshould
Quote by MacMan2001
how about you upgrade ur guitar instead? Add some DiMarzios/Duncans to the Ibanez etc.

Well I need a guitar with 24 frets and more access to the higher up frets, what I was thinking is customizing the guitar i'm going to get.
Well if it's a playability concern, I would look at Ibanezes, and ESP. Try to get the MIJ models. They're very high quality and the price isn't too bad. If you're as serious as you say, go high end now. If you buy a $800 guitar, you'll upgrade it eventually. If you go high now, you'll have an amazing guitar that you can keep forever. There's nothing better, only different. In terms of amps, your budget is in the middle ground. You can get something great for cheaper, or something amazing for more money. But I would honestly hold off on the amp if you think your Spider is fine. You're ear probably isn't good enough to know what your looking for.
Last edited by JELIFISH19 at Aug 30, 2009,