Hey guys, I've got a problem with my Boogie..

It seems to only happen on channels 2, and 4, but when I'm playing those channels the volume just drops to a barely audible level and it will pop back up to what it's set at after a while, then drop again.

The tubes in the amp are quite old, does this sound like a tube failure problem? I hope so at least .

Could anything else that I should be more worried about be causing this?

Thanks & Godbless.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Know for sure?

I'd like to get a answer before I spend $200 on retubing the thing.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Well, personally, I've always associated volume problems like that with tubes, so there's a real possibility I could be wrong. I'm definitely no tube expert
Sounds like tubes. Find out which tubes those channels use and replace those tubes. I think with a roadster you can get away with not changing all the tubes.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
I did that a couple years ago so it's a mix in there right now, so I think I'm just going to retube the whole thing this time around, if that's FOR SURE the problem.

There's not such thing as for sure. From your description it sounds like dying power tubes (I'd try replacing those first) are the most likely culprit.

If you can find someone with a tube tester you could have the tubes tested before you replace them.
What else could it be? If it wasn't the tubes.

Fluctuating volume is a classic sign of power tube failure. There is absolutely no reason to search out another problem until the tubes are replaced. That'd be like checking the alternator on your car because a headlight went out.
Hmm.. Alright.