Hey everyone, I'm a freshmen at the University of Tennessee and I'm a guitar player and learning to sing. I've actually become a decent singer now after practicing all summer, but now that I've moved into a dorm with a roommate (he never leaves the room) I've encountered a problem with finding a place to practice. There are study lounges on every floor but there is no door and I really need a place where I can practice my singing and no one can hear me. I just looked at the basement so that may be my best shot, but people still go down there quite a bit. I was just wondering if anyone on here had the same problem and maybe found a solution to it.. Thanks.
Quote by Heid
More realistically....I once tried to give myself head....I gave myself a sore neck and a loss of pride...
LISTEN TO ME PLAY!
are there practice room in the music building of ur school?

and if there isnt
you can either go up to all the people in the room and fap in their ears

Quote by Gunpowder
Thrashturbating? Most metal of all ways to pleasure oneself.
Last edited by maximumrocker at Aug 30, 2009,
practice in front of your roommate?
Quote by ThinLizzyFan
I love you

Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
And the children first
And the children
Practice singing in the shower. Then if anyone questions it you can say "who DOESN'T sing in the shower? ...Was I any good?"
What's the point in practicing singing if you're not going to do it in front of people?
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
partys

everytime I wreck my voice doing the Tina Turner version of Proud Mary I come out a stronger man
Quote by koikomoru
Practice singing in the shower. Then if anyone questions it you can say "who DOESN'T sing in the shower? ...Was I any good?"

i gotta say, good suggestion. id consider it if i was you TS
Quote by koikomoru

this is actually quite ingenious, then do the same for guitar.. make sure it's only electric guitar though.
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

I hear you, University makes practice hard. Find somewhere quiet and deserted outside. I find that any time between 1am-5am I can find somewhere peaceful. Just find somewhere where nobody goes. A tree under a park could be for starters?
Quote by Jack Off Jill
What's the point in practicing singing if you're not going to do it in front of people?

I think anyone who doesn't have a naturally good singing voice would understand that it can be hard to sing in front of people, especially if you're practicing and doing weird sounding exercises and stuff.. so once I feel confident in how I sound, I will sing in front of people.
Quote by Heid
More realistically....I once tried to give myself head....I gave myself a sore neck and a loss of pride...
LISTEN TO ME PLAY!
I think if you're roommate says he doesnt mind, just practice in front of him. I was pretty shy about playing guitar in my dorm at first but you get over it, and then get the ego boost of people hearing you and complementing your singing
Quote by Zardokk
Everybody must get stoned! (If they are me.)
There is not any music rooms either, I guess outside late at night would be alright if I can find a place. Thanks.. It's not guitar I'm shy about, I've been playing guitar in front of people for several years now, I'm just getting started with singing though
Quote by Heid
LISTEN TO ME PLAY!
Quote by Fender_Strat_50
I think anyone who doesn't have a naturally good singing voice would understand that it can be hard to sing in front of people, especially if you're practicing and doing weird sounding exercises and stuff.. so once I feel confident in how I sound, I will sing in front of people.

People like the way Bob Dylan, Conor Oberst, and Billy Corgan sing. I wouldn't worry about it.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
The school doesn't have a choir or band or anything?

Just ask the directors if you could use some practice areas if they are unoccupied.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
The music department said I couldn't.. even though they have about 150 ****ing extra rooms
Quote by Heid
LISTEN TO ME PLAY!
Lamers

Anyway we're automatically friends because you have a sweet Blink avatar, and I love blink with most of my heart, so I love you too.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
On campus this might not work but go to the neighboring city and open up your case and play and sing. I made $30 bucks in 1 hour doing this.
Proud owner of a Les Paul
just leave campus and play in a near by park.
There is a war going on for your mind.

If you are thinking, you are winning.

Resistance is victory.

We are building up a new world.
Do not sit idly by.
Should be easy enough somewhere outside, no? As long as there's no hurricanes around. Better than sitting in a basement anyway. Although I'm sure you'll be comfortable enough with yor roommate soon enough to sing in front of him.
just got kicked out of the basement so **** that idea..
Quote by Heid
LISTEN TO ME PLAY!
Take a drive and find a nice spot outside where you can practice in peace.
Not necessarily stoned, but beautiful.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
People like the way Bob Dylan, Conor Oberst, and Billy Corgan sing. I wouldn't worry about it.

This. +a million.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by Fender_Strat_50
The music department said I couldn't.. even though they have about 150 ****ing extra rooms

do it anyway, I mean really ?
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
yeah i know, i'm about to cause I'm so pissed off about all this. I came into college hoping to really get started and play live shows and **** and I come here and it's the complete opposite
Quote by Heid
LISTEN TO ME PLAY!