i like how behemoth employs them in some songs, anybody know some good ones
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
The Harmonic minor and Double harmonic minor scales are my two favroite scales of all time because they sound egyptian.

Edit: I made these about a year ago because I really like scales

Gibson Thunderhorse
Jackson RR24M
B52 AT100
Last edited by King of King V at Aug 30, 2009,
Just take the major scale, and raise the seventh, and tada you get harmonic minor. Simple as that.
Quote by m.murcia47
Just take the major scale, and raise the seventh, and tada you get harmonic minor. Simple as that.

you mean minor right =p
I love my keyboardist, he's hot.

Quote by phlip999
The Pit is the epitome of higher learning and full of intillectual people who help the masses solve their problems.

The Llama Forum Bagel Group
Quote by m.murcia47

This. Like that at least.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
I was just thinking about this today, alternatives to the harmonic minor. That double harmonic minor is interesting.
Quote by Tempoe
I was just thinking about this today, alternatives to the harmonic minor. That double harmonic minor is interesting.

its the same scale as Phrygian Dominant yeah?

Quote by phlip999
The Pit is the epitome of higher learning and full of intillectual people who help the masses solve their problems.

i use the major alot and it DOESNT sound arabic

im talking stuff like the intro to sculpting the throne ov seth and the outro of the nephilim rising and some of their older stuff
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
bump
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
Quote by devit
i use the major alot and it DOESNT sound arabic

im talking stuff like the intro to sculpting the throne ov seth and the outro of the nephilim rising and some of their older stuff

Sculpting the Throne is just Phrygian- play a naturar minor scale with a flattened second

Quote by phlip999

Quote by m.murcia47

lolwtf.
If you take the major scale and raise the seventh, you then get a major scale with two 8ths, and no 7th. :/
Now if you take the natural minor scale and raise the seventh, then you get harmonic minor. Or, you can take the major scale and lower the 3rd and 6th, and you get a harmonic minor.