Hate to make another thread but i need answers tonight. I need tubes for my Mesa F-50. Thought these looked good http://thetubestore.com/tungsol5881.html
well, anyways, i know that Mesa amps dont need to be rebiased if you buy their tubes(which i heard suck), but will i have to get them rebiased if i dont get their frickin tubes?? If i do, where can i get that dont at?

Also, ive been getting a lot of noise, so b4 i replace prower tubes, i want to make sure that its power tubes, not preamp tubes that are the problem. The problem is that the sound is very raw. Lots of crap sounds and feedback. Very not good at all.

Soory again, and thanks in advance for the help.
Just replace them all. The amp takes 6l6s if I'm not mistaken, not sure 5881s would work.

If you order from tubedepot or someplace similar just tell them what amp you have and ask for tubes that will match the bias of the amp.

It's not that mesas don't need to be biased, it's just that they can't be biased with out some modification.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
Just replace them all. The amp takes 6l6s if I'm not mistaken, not sure 5881s would work.

If you order from tubedepot or someplace similar just tell them what amp you have and ask for tubes that will match the bias of the amp.

It's not that mesas don't need to be biased, it's just that they can't be biased with out some modification.

ok thanks alot. So, should i get new power tubes and preamp tubes just to be safe?