So ive been growing my hair for about a year and a half and only thing ive done is trim the bangs a bit. the rest hasnt been touched. Lately, ive caught hell because its thick and frizzes up quite a bit. I play metal/hardcore in a band and love my long hair, but feel the need to style it or have it trimmed in someway. Any ideas?
Gear:

Fender Roadhouse Strat
EC-1000 JB/'59
Fender Mark Hoppus bass
Eleven Rack
Peavey Classic 50 power amp
GK Neo 4x10
You've grown for a year and a half without trimming it once. Oh, the split ends...
Just get a freaking trim! Go to a decent hairdressers and ask for a trim, say you don't want to lose any length, just a general tidy up and ask them to remove the split ends. You may also want it thinned out if it's thick. Don't go to a barbers for this, as they take "a trim" as hack with garden shears.
well i have gotten the split ends taken care of but nothin other than that and bangs.
Gear:

Fender Roadhouse Strat
EC-1000 JB/'59
Fender Mark Hoppus bass
Eleven Rack
GK Neo 4x10
That ain't no long hair, boy.

That being said, you're are currently in what is known as the "awkward phase" of hair growth. Pretty much an initiation period for long haired men. To pass the trial you must wait it out, or you could back out and cut it. It'll pass, eventually.
my hairs wayy longer than in my pic. that pic is a year old. my hairs about an inch from my nipple in length.
Gear:

Fender Roadhouse Strat
EC-1000 JB/'59
Fender Mark Hoppus bass
Eleven Rack
GK Neo 4x10
Any guys looking to grow their hair long should watch the videos that Musique3579 has in his "For Men With Long Hair" series on youtube. He is also a music composer.

Here is the first video in the series: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIWjEB5rpfo

Here is his profile: http://www.youtube.com/user/Musique3579

He has some pretty good advice.
Quote by C O B H C
If you want to get really technical about it..

1. Grab sticks.
2. Bang sticks on drums.

^how to play drums.

UG POKER
buzz cut FTW... even though i dont have one
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
My hair was about 8-9" long about a week ago but I had to buzz it off. My apartment was 40+ degrees.
Not necessarily stoned, but beautiful.
layer that bad boy.
but if you think you need a trim,
just take a bit off the edges,
and invest in sure shampoo/condition/haircare products, man.

Flam·boy·ant
French, from participle of flamboyer to flame
1:Characterized by waving curves suggesting flames
2:Marked by or given to strikingly elaborate or colorful display or behavior

(Invalid img)

THIS
1987 Ibanez Jem 777LNG #124
2012 Herc Fede PMC Jem
1987 Ibanez RG550 Road Flare Red-R
Marshall JCM-1 W/Lead 12 Cab.
Wampler, Ibanez, MXR, Morley Pedals
Quote by paintballcrazy7
my hairs wayy longer than in my pic. that pic is a year old. my hairs about an inch from my nipple in length.

Whaa? You got that long in one year? It took me four years to get my hair this long to just barely covering my nipples.

Why God?
Why do the men get the amazing hair?

I have mixed feelings about guys who "style" their hair, it's a very thin line to homosexual looking, especially in the hardcore genre, most of those guys use more product in their hair than I do...
You're killing me Smalls!
Quote by shattamakkar
OMG ARE THOSE WAT I THINK THEY ARE!
you don't wanna style too much TS.. I did, and I really regret it, a couple of girls said it looked good, but most of them say I look loads better now.
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Quote by yellowshirtguy
Any guys looking to grow their hair long should watch the videos that Musique3579 has in his "For Men With Long Hair" series on youtube. He is also a music composer.

Here is the first video in the series: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIWjEB5rpfo

Here is his profile: http://www.youtube.com/user/Musique3579

He has some pretty good advice.

+1 I LOVE HIM.

But yeah, you might wanna consider trimming the split ends off.
Quote by SilentHeaven109
You've grown for a year and a half without trimming it once. Oh, the split ends...
Just get a freaking trim! Go to a decent hairdressers and ask for a trim, say you don't want to lose any length, just a general tidy up and ask them to remove the split ends. You may also want it thinned out if it's thick. Don't go to a barbers for this, as they take "a trim" as hack with garden shears.

no, no matter where you go, they are gonna take of more than you wanted because they think it looks better

I say wait atleast 6 months so that you get mor length = more weight to your hair = staying down more

and DONT get it thinned

thinned = a pair of scicors with the blades replaced by combs that close and rip your hair out

and what this guy said
Quote by CurbstompBass
That ain't no long hair, boy.

That being said, you're are currently in what is known as the "awkward phase" of hair growth. Pretty much an initiation period for long haired men. To pass the trial you must wait it out, or you could back out and cut it. It'll pass, eventually.

this guy said it right.

Quote by bass-man9712
buzz cut FTW... even though i dont have one

FUCK NO
Bands I must see in concert
Silvertide
The Black Crowes
Jackyl
Black Stone Cherry
AC/DC
StoneRider
Freedomhawk
The Darkness and/or the sideprojects of the band members
Buckcherry
The Answer

Theres more. But those are the main ones
Last edited by Aerokizzombie at Aug 30, 2009,
This May I had a huge afro that when straightened went down about 3 inches below my shoulder but after a screw-up at the hairdressers I had to change. So now I cut my own hair. Mini-Goku hairstyle FTW (can still swing the sides of my hair into my mouth)
That's one thing about going to the hairdressers, stress that you don't want the length taken off.
I always thought I was gonna have my long hair but **** happened.
Can't stop the spirits when they need you This life is more than just a read thru
Quote by BlackIce87
(Invalid img)

THIS

THAT!
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst