hey all, how do i get that really funkay fuzz sound? from like the fifties and sixties era of funk and rock and roll. i mean like REALLY fuzz. like The Electric Prunes fuzz, or Zeus or one of those old bands. i really dig the tones. while we're on the subject of old guitar tones how can i get a cop wah sound too? like the old cop chase scenes. whackachicka whackachicka whackachicka wow. that's my bad impression.
Get a fuzz box and a wah pedal.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
yup, for the electric prunes you'll need a decent fuzz box (there are some good boxes out there that simulate the 60's sound you're after) and for the cop chase scenes sound, a wah pedal
Gear:
Fender Jazzmaster
Boss DS-2
Digitech RP150 (with Line6 EX-1 Exp pedal)
Orange Crush 30R

My Youtube Page
Read this!You know you really want to...

Dunlop makes a whole line of jimi hendrix pedals...sounds like that's what you need....
Fender 70s Ri Strats w/various Dimarzios
Modded 1982 Marshall JCM800 2203

Boss DS-1,Dunlop Crybaby,MXR Phase 90,Ibanez AD9,Boss CH-1

Check out randy dobsons underground ,tell me what you think
Quote by rdobson2
Dunlop makes a whole line of jimi hendrix pedals...sounds like that's what you need....

Or you can just buy a Vox wah pedal which Jimi actually used (He never used Dunlop) and a Dallas Arbiter Fuzz for the price of his signature wah pedal.