Hey everyone, my moms friend gave me a pretty ****ty guitar with a pickguard signed by Slash. How much do you guys think this could go for on craigslist/ebay? I also have a mexican fender strat i want to sell, upgraded with sperzel locking tuners and texas specials. I'm saving up for a new guitar and just wondering how much i could make by selling these 2, thanks in advance
dude! you don't wanna keep a pickguard signed by Slash?! if it actually is his signature...
I've got the spirit, but lose the feeling.
Is the signature authenticated?
Quote by guitar-guy01
do what this guy says, he is wise
Quote by dma529
Is the signature authenticated?

i don't have anything proving its his signature, but my moms friend is in the music industry and i don't think he'd lie about it... anyway, i'd much rather have a nice guitar than a signature from slash i'm not much into guns n roses anymore
i would say about 300- to 500 dollars.
but what condition is it in?
And beside, no one will ever get asking price for anything really, so you would end up with say... 200 bucks plus?
Quote by intheshadowplay
dude! you don't wanna keep a pickguard signed by Slash?! if it actually is his signature...

I wouldn't keep it if I got cash for it. Honestly, I can't stand Slash and his dadgum pentatonic scales.

To TS, I have no idea, maybe $250? I saw a pickup signed by EVH for around $300 and took off $50 because this is just a pickguard.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
God dammit you had me 10/10
Quote by Firering56
i would say about 300- to 500 dollars.
but what condition is it in?
And beside, no one will ever get asking price for anything really, so you would end up with say... 200 bucks plus?
For a pick guard?

I've seen Slash signed guitars go for less than that.
probably not much, if you had proof and it was a good guitar probably more but i wouldn't guess more then 5-6 hundred, probably less, i wouldn't want a ****ty guitar signed by a drunk in a top hat...
the signed guitar itself is basically a piece of ****, i've never heard of the brand. I'll take a picture of it and his signature in a bit, anyone got an idea of how much the mexican strat could go for though? I paid about 700 for it but i've had it for almost 2 years

and to mao^ i couldn't care less about the signature, so if i can make more than 200 off of it i'll be ****ing stoked haha
Last edited by Giles92 at Aug 30, 2009,
You should get it authenticated or something because I'm not sure many people will consider buying it if they're not sure 100% sure it really was his signature.
Quote by guitar-guy01
Quote by dma529
You should get it authenticated or something because I'm not sure many people will consider buying it if they're not sure 100% sure it really was his signature.

sorry if this is a stupid question man, but how would i go about getting it authenticated?
What kind of pickguard is it anyway? A Les Paul pickguard?
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
Quote by asfastasdark
What kind of pickguard is it anyway? A Les Paul pickguard?

solid white strat pickguard
like 50 bucks if your lucky. you would need a picture of you and him holding the signed thing.
Quote by Giles92
sorry if this is a stupid question man, but how would i go about getting it authenticated?

I'm not entirely sure how the process works but here , try that.
Quote by guitar-guy01
Quote by Giles92
i don't have anything proving its his signature, but my moms friend is in the music industry and i don't think he'd lie about it... anyway, i'd much rather have a nice guitar than a signature from slash i'm not much into guns n roses anymore

if you have no coa and do not want to pay for someone like AAA to certify it then just keep it. build some money up to have the AAA certify it and make your decision then. i have a collection of original signatures bought and captured and i am one who has no desire to sell them. that is history dude, if slash (god forbids) kicks the bucket then sell. or if GNR go on tour, sell then. but to sell now no one is interested as he is not in the media.
with no coa you would not get $250 for it. that is about the money someone might take a chance on it and risk if it is not real.

dude advise for a collector, do not sell it!!!
音乐是生活
Music is Life

Ibanez RG2550Z, Edwards Jimmy Page LP Relic Custom, 06 Fender Clapton SS, Line6 Spider III 112, Peavey Classic 30, Boss HD-1, Boss Green Label Chorus, Boss SD1 Overdrive, MXR Fuzz, Blues Breaker
Quote by ehwalled
if you have no coa and do not want to pay for someone like AAA to certify it then just keep it. build some money up to have the AAA certify it and make your decision then. i have a collection of original signatures bought and captured and i am one who has no desire to sell them. that is history dude, if slash (god forbids) kicks the bucket then sell. or if GNR go on tour, sell then. but to sell now no one is interested as he is not in the media.
with no coa you would not get $250 for it. that is about the money someone might take a chance on it and risk if it is not real.

dude advise for a collector, do not sell it!!!

i'll take this post into consideration, man. thanks for the awesome replies so far everyone, i'm still unsure on how much to put the mexican strat on craigslist for though
Quote by Giles92
i'll take this post into consideration, man. thanks for the awesome replies so far everyone, i'm still unsure on how much to put the mexican strat on craigslist for though

Try $350 for a while (assuming it's a standard) and if it doesn't sell for a week or two, drop it to $300.
Quote by guitarmaniac88
I wouldn't keep it if I got cash for it. Honestly, I can't stand Slash and his dadgum pentatonic scales.

To TS, I have no idea, maybe $250? I saw a pickup signed by EVH for around $300 and took off $50 because this is just a pickguard.

You can't be "against" pentatonic scales. It's a series of notes. Also, he uses harmonic minor enough to where you shouldn't associate him with just using the pentatonic.

You won't get much for a non-authenticated signed pickguard. Any idiot could forge a Slash signature on a pickguard.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Quote by philipp122
You can't be "against" pentatonic scales. It's a series of notes. Also, he uses harmonic minor enough to where you shouldn't associate him with just using the pentatonic.

You won't get much for a non-authenticated signed pickguard. Any idiot could forge a Slash signature on a pickguard.

It's not that I'm against it, but he overuses it and a lot of his songs sound alike.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
God dammit you had me 10/10
Put the schtach plate on your fender and sell the Fender and you could buy the Fender Highway.
I agree with the people who know that its not gonna be so hot....I had zakk wylde sign a zakk wylde od pedal I had and I had a pic of him signing it a few months later I sold it on ebay cause I just got sick of him (not because of his "dadgum pentatonic" scales though hahaha)and I only got 75 bucks for it....

So what does that tell you....I'd sell the guitar,keep the pickguard,cause if you have no proof its gonna be practically worthless...anyone can write slash on a pickguard....that's what a collector is gonna be thinking
Fender 70s Ri Strats w/various Dimarzios
Modded 1982 Marshall JCM800 2203

Boss DS-1,Dunlop Crybaby,MXR Phase 90,Ibanez AD9,Boss CH-1

Check out randy dobsons underground ,tell me what you think
Quote by guitarmaniac88
It's not that I'm against it, but he overuses it and a lot of his songs sound alike.

You must hate hendrix and srv and clapton and zakk wylde and angus young and 99 percent of guitarists out there that have been overusing it for years.....I don't know of anyone that hasn't overused it....its the first scale you learn,,lol
Fender 70s Ri Strats w/various Dimarzios
Modded 1982 Marshall JCM800 2203

Boss DS-1,Dunlop Crybaby,MXR Phase 90,Ibanez AD9,Boss CH-1

Check out randy dobsons underground ,tell me what you think
The problem is you have to prove it's Slash's signature if your going to sell it.

I have a Gibson 25/50 Anniversary LP with Les Pauls Signature on it and I have pics of him holding the guitar after he signed it. I also have a cheap Washburn I won from a radio station with all the members of Godsmack's Signature and a letter from the radio station. You really need to get proof it's Slash's sig before you sell it or people will just offer you what the guitars worth without it.

John
Is your mother single? If so the guy probably got either, A. Someone to fake it, B. a stamped sig or C. a legit one so he can get in your moms pants! sorry dude, unless he's gay.
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]