Hi kids,

So, you may or may not know; I've been collecting some backing track style songs from "the pit" and adding them to a UG Band for a general Backing Track availability on UG. It is here:

http://artists.ultimate-guitar.com/backingtracks

I was wondering if those of you who DO know music theory could go through and make sure that all the keys listed are actually the correct keys for the song. I would do it... but frankly I have no idea about it.

If you could point out in this thread any that are incorrectly listed, I would greatly appreciate it.

zC
Hard rock in D should be in C

EDIT: Soft acoustic in A is also in C
Last edited by pwrmax at Aug 30, 2009,
Quote by pwrmax
EDIT: Soft acoustic in A is also in C

A minor is C major, tldr on the actual tracks tho
Soon, death metal's drums will be so fast only computers will be able to listen to it.

94? Not bad. It shall improve >=)

Who's looking for hosting? My/My Friends site will be up and running soon, looking for customers - PM me if interested.
Quote by Ninjake
A minor is C major, tldr on the actual tracks tho

The tonic in that track is C
I guess it's sorted now, just to say that you don't really need to know theory in order to work out the key - yes note names are part of theory but it's very basic stuff, I'm sure almost every player knows or can work out the names of the notes on the fretboard - then it's just a question of going through them until you hit the one that matches up with what the track resolves to. Even if you don't know the names of the notes, this is possible. Indeed, if a person was unable to work it out for themselves, it's unthinkable that they'd have the skill to solo over it with any degree of musicality....

Quote by Ninjake
A minor is C major

Quote by Beserker
I guess it's sorted now, just to say that you don't really need to know theory in order to work out the key - yes note names are part of theory but it's very basic stuff, I'm sure almost every player knows or can work out the names of the notes on the fretboard - then it's just a question of going through them until you hit the one that matches up with what the track resolves to. Even if you don't know the names of the notes, this is possible. Indeed, if a person was unable to work it out for themselves, it's unthinkable that they'd have the skill to solo over it with any degree of musicality....

Not entirely sure about that. I've been playing for 4 years by ear entirely. No Tabs, no training... nothing. I'm not great, but I can solo in the style of my choosing... mostly blues. I just learned note names about a month ago. I'd been playing playing ham sessions and whatnot for longer than that.

Not to start ****, just thought I'd throw that out there. So, those two are the only ones so far?
Zackckckckckchchchch! . I cba to listen, and I don't even have a guitar in the house atm but I just thought I'd give you a warm welcome to MT.

A minor is C major

They may contain the same notes, but they are not the same key. They are one aanothers relative minor and major key.