I want to upgrade my amp but dont know what to get. My line 6 spider III sucks.

I am looking for a good 30 watt amp for about 100. I have a schecter c-1 fr if that helps.

I am also looking for thick clean sounds and an amp that can handle high gain stuff.
$100 or 100 pounds?
all I ever wanted was to pick apart the day
put the pieces back together my way
you have to also sell the spider.

can you buy used?

oh yeah, and at the top left of the page is the CP control.
go in there and change your user title to a name, so we know what the hell to call you,
or i'm going to call you Face.

Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at Aug 30, 2009,
roland cube I think sounds pretty good, I don't know the wattage or prices but they are fairly small and I think cheap.

████████████
████████████

RBY CYOA
I don't think you will get anything good for 100$, especially not a 30W. Save up.
Also, any specific reason why you need a 30W?

This should be in the gear and accessories forum BTW.
UG's AC/DC Lover
I will sell my line 6 and a squier mini on craigslist so i should have like 100 bucks.

Then I will sell my old squier for 75.

What can I get now?

And I want a 30 watt because I need a slightly small amp so my parents dont yell at me to turn it down lol.
30 watt amps get plenty loud.

In fact, my microcube doesn't go up very loud at home, it's too loud for home use at above about 1/2 volume, and this is a TWO watt amp.

My Peavey Vypyr doesn't go past 2. It's really ****ing loud, and I mean it.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by Pac_man0123
I have a vypyr 15 and it's tolerably loud at 2 (out of 13, mind you), and i usually keep it around 1/2 or 1.

My 75 hasn't gone past 3 in a band situation. They're really, REALLY loud.

Touchy volume controls suck.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Marshall makes a lot of good non tube amps at low wattages that are cheap....I'd save up for awhile to get something you really want not just something you settle for....
Fender 70s Ri Strats w/various Dimarzios
Modded 1982 Marshall JCM800 2203

Boss DS-1,Dunlop Crybaby,MXR Phase 90,Ibanez AD9,Boss CH-1

Check out randy dobsons underground ,tell me what you think
vox makes a great 30 watt solid state amp. out of your price range though
Quote by rdobson2
Marshall makes a lot of good non tube amps at low wattages that are cheap....I'd save up for awhile to get something you really want not just something you settle for....

No, the MG series aren't good...

I'll admit, the old Valvestates were quite good, but the AVT and MG's just aren't the same.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
Quote by oneblackened
No, the MG series aren't good...

I'll admit, the old Valvestates were quite good, but the AVT and MG's just aren't the same.

Dude he's got a line 6....anything is better lol....I agree though bro marshall has slacked in quality with there solid state stuff...but I gotta rep my boys...lol

Quote by oneblackened

My Peavey Vypyr doesn't go past 2. It's really ****ing loud, and I mean it.

I keep my classic 30 at around 2.5 to 3... I don't think my parents like it...
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Wow that brings back memories...when I was 16 I had a 100 watt marshall valvestate halfstack and I couldn't even turn it past 1 my mom would beat on the celing downstairs!!! Lol

Not much has changed...now my wife just beats on the floor lol

keep the line 6 spider III for now. and save up. or if u find something then go used. i dont think you'll sell the line 6 spider III and get enough money to get an amp. unless thats a good wattage line 6 well u can sell it for a god amp. save up and get a vypyr or a valvetronix. and sell your line 6. just stay with the line 6 for now even though its garbage at high gain. its not that bad of an amp. and with 30w, your only looking for practice amps so line 6, jus tstick with it.
Quote by rdobson2
Dude he's got a line 6....anything is better lol....I agree though bro marshall has slacked in quality with there solid state stuff...but I gotta rep my boys...lol

No, he has a spider.

I want a Line 6 Vetta, their flagship amp. It's $1700 for a 150w stereo 2x12" combo.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
Ill sell you my 40 watt Valvestate marshall!!!! lol.

But id say save your money. Save a couple hundred bucks, and buy yourself a nice amp.
Quote by oneblackened
No, he has a spider.

I want a Line 6 Vetta, their flagship amp. It's $1700 for a 150w stereo 2x12" combo.

mmm yeh their good I usually have mine at half power, tho since 150watts are WAY too much power for me. 75 is a lot to.
Quote by rdobson2

Spider > MG

I know this from experience.
Quote by (0_o)
I will sell my line 6 and a squier mini on craigslist so i should have like 100 bucks.

Then I will sell my old squier for 75.

What can I get now?

And I want a 30 watt because I need a slightly small amp so my parents dont yell at me to turn it down lol.

Only $100!?!?

Man you gotta take a lesson for the late great Billy Mays and learn to market that stuff...

like this guy.
My Stuff:
Austin Strat Copy - Lefty
(New and Improved with Bill Lawrence 290/280 Pickups)
MIM Telecaster - Lefty
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
TS-9 with a few mods
Dunlop GCB-95 Wah