Page 1 of 2
Well i'm done with this baby so here she is..... The Rivera Burst'.

1.The original finish was removed down to the bare wood.

2.Repainted, top, sides back and neck with no sealer, just varnish.

3.Every single part of hardware was aged by hand, slowly and making sure it looks great.

4.The top was aged with a mixture of techniques i have learned and improved over my last top.

5.All binding was aged to the correct color.

6.Serial number was hand drawn to match those of the 50's.

7.The inlays are aged with an special tint i develop by mix matching other ingredients.

8.The plastic parts have been aged and special care has been taken with the knobs making them look as correctly aged as i can make them look.

9.The PAF Burstbuckers have been specially unwound to match the feel and sound this guitar can produce, not to match a real PAF but to translate the resonance of the wood.

10.The headstock finish has been aged to look old and match the rest of the guitar.

11. The tulip tuners have been aged to my likening and matching a particular type of finger sweat that makes plastic look like that.

Refinishing the guitar with a thing finish has really make it sound better, i was skeptical about this but it true, it makes the whole thing more vibrant and acoustically louder.

Total cost: .................................$ 75.77
Total time invested:.................. 21 days.

Nico.

Well i'm done with this baby so here she is..... The Rivera Burst'.

Last edited by nicolasrivera at Aug 30, 2009,
Gorgeous guitar man, looks absolutely phenomenal. Great Work, you should be very proud
Freedom isn't free...

It costs like ten dollars a gram
Quote by Pac_man0123
*jaw drops*

Who... are you? @_@

This o.o *takes notes*
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Amazing job on the entire thing, the effort put must have been huge but it turned out perfectly.
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Plus Heritage Cherry Sunburst
Marshall MG100HDFX Head (For Sale/Trade)
B-52 AT-412A Cabinet
that...is the single most amazing relic job i have ever seen!
Quote by Mo Jiggity
What he said. You are a wise man for not buying into the hype.

ya hear that...he thinks im wise
Gibson should be paying you to do this.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
THANK YOU ALL!!!!

Its so amazing you think this is a good job, i was very scared no body will like it when finished.

Thanks a again.

Nico.
oh wow.

That is one beautiful les paul..

-jealous-
Gear:

Gibson Les Paul Vintage Mahogany

Epiphone Les Paul Goldtop with Seymour Duncan Alnico II's

Seagull 25th anniversary Mahogany Edition

Crate GT65

Digitech Metal Master

Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
I ****ing hate relicing. But you did a ****ing nice job of it, whether I like it or not. BUT I STILL HATE IT!!!
Quote by mamosa
I ****ing hate relicing. But you did a ****ing nice job of it, whether I like it or not. BUT I STILL HATE IT!!!

my thoughts too, sort of. i don't HATE hate relicing, but i feel like it should be through natural use (even if it's really harsh natural use). BUT you did an amazing job, my friend. very nice! i think i liked your other job more, but only by a hair.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Here she is as new the very first day i got her:

Here she is with the first aging on its original paint:

Honestly, I don't like forced aging and relicing, but that is by far the best relicing job I've ever seen. If I just saw the body, I would have no problem thinking that was a real '59 or '60 LP.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Staggering, just staggering. Beautiful.

If I had one criticism, and this is being really anal but the finish seems a little too shiny and well buffed, could do with a tough of that sheen taking away.

Seriously though, awesome!
Amazing job.

My Youtube Page

I wrote this story so many days ago
and the words kept falling onto pages.
Without the loss we can't go on
and with the loss we became strong.

if i were you, i'd show that to Gibson and ask for a job doing that.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
that is absolutely amazing.

can i send you my guitar and you do this to it?
the minimalist σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
Quote by nicolasrivera
Here she is as new the very first day i got her:

Here she is with the first aging on its original paint:

I'm not going to lie, I prefer this one, it looks more authentic to me. The new one looks a little too dulled and faded, I don't mean the final gloss, I mean the actual color itself. It's still a well done job.
Omg!!!
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
can i buy it?
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Absolutely amazing. I am not usually a fan of relicing/reliced guitars but this is just .. sexy.
Quote by AcousticMirror
Is my album list pointing a gun or a penis to your head saying buddy this thing is going to unload if you don't listen to the whole damn clip??
I swear I just jizzed so much I let out every single sperm cell in my body.

I'm just messing, but that is an amazing job bro.
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
Quote by MrFlibble
Honestly, I don't like forced aging and relicing, but that is by far the best relicing job I've ever seen. If I just saw the body, I would have no problem thinking that was a real '59 or '60 LP.

Totally with you on this.
Does anyone else think it looks really fake pre-aging?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.

i think i just came a little...

Quote by dullsilver_mike
The resonant frequency of the clitoris is too low for the guitar players to take care of.

Quote by jackers1234
you sir, have just won for this statement. =D

Young Knees
Quote by oneblackened
Totally with you on this.
Does anyone else think it looks really fake pre-aging?
I mean... do you consider this to by fake looking?
it amazes me, even today, after playing for 2 years, how amazing a guitar looks. And yours, is truly amazing!
Quote by silhouettica
Oh, DON'T use a knife. It cuts through your strings. I did that once, thinking, its the Low E, its invincible. Turns out, its not...

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
Quote by al112987
I mean... do you consider this to by fake looking?

No, but that's nowhere near as intensely red around the edge as the one he reliced. I find that one kinda looks like... well, an Epiphone.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Nice you named a finish after me ;] My last name is Rivera.
What I'm working with:
Fender Jazzmaster
Gibson SG-X
ESP EC-401
Peavey 6505+ w/ Voodoo mods
Quote by oneblackened
No, but that's nowhere near as intensely red around the edge as the one he reliced. I find that one kinda looks like... well, an Epiphone.

So you mean it looks awful? Because the Epiphone cherry burst has to be one of the single most ugly finishes I've ever seen.

Nico, AWESOME JOB! That is by far better than any relic job I've ever seen in my entire life, including replicas made by Gibson and Fender Custom Shops and other various custom replicas. Amazing!
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
I've said it in your other threads - that is easily the sexiest LP Standard I have ever seen.

If I saw that in a store, I wouldn't get anything done - I'd just gawk at it for twenty minutes.
I've said it in your other threads - that is easily the sexiest LP Standard I have ever seen.

If I saw that in a store, I wouldn't get anything done - I'd just gawk at it for twenty minutes.
+OVER 9000!!!!!

I hope this isn't the one that fell victim to your sex drive.
That is the single best relic'd guitar I have ever seen. Normally I absolutely hate them but that actually looks genuine. Kudos to you!
Page 1 of 2