Okay so I have a Crate GT1200H Halfstack, Its a **** solid state...but it's getting me by until I can afford my Peavey Valveking head......so dont rag on the head, becuase I dont feel like getting this topic hijacked to all the reasons my Crate Sucks.... , Now that that is said..Hers my problem...If I have my cable plugged into my amp...and into my guitar all is fine...But if I pull the cable from my guitar, the amp makes very loud humming(not like pickup humming, like the sound you get when you put your finger on the end of your cable)....and you have to unplug the cable from the amp to get it to go away (or plug it back into the guitar)..And also, when you unplug the cable..if the amp is loud enough, you get a high pitched screeching sound....Could my speaker cable be bad? I JUST bought it....from musiciansfriend....Any Ideas?

Thanks.
Fender Custom Shop Telecaster
Fender Tom DeLonge Signature
Gibson ES-339
Mesa/Boogie Single Rectifier
Marshall JCM900 1960a Lead 4x12
There should be some noise with the cable unplugged from the guitar. Its normal on all guitar amps. The squealing at high volume is normal as well.
Okay, thanks alot.
Fender Custom Shop Telecaster
Fender Tom DeLonge Signature
Gibson ES-339
Mesa/Boogie Single Rectifier
Marshall JCM900 1960a Lead 4x12
I have a Crate GTD65, and mine has this bad habit of producing feedback at high gain or just plain old high volumes. And the screech when unplugging is normal, I think.
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
its because when its not plugged in it isnt grounded sir
Total Failure

If every dream is a wish, then to dream of zombies is to wish for an appetite without responsibility
Quote by Slovak_Ghost
its because when its not plugged in it isnt grounded sir

Not really...
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
i don't think the crate gt series sucks its actually pretty good for solid state.
the screeching you're hearing is completely normal.
why would you unplug your guitar while the amp is still on anyways? it takes two seconds to turn the power off.
The high pitched screeching is electromagnetic feedback, probably caused by microphonic pickups. It happens more on SS amps than valve amps. You could try getting your pickups potted.
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

My other amp can run Crysis
Quote by FischmungaXTR
The high pitched screeching is electromagnetic feedback, probably caused by microphonic pickups. It happens more on SS amps than valve amps. You could try getting your pickups potted.

If you read his post, he says he get's the high pitched screeching when he unplugs the cable. Thus I don't think potting his pickups would help.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.