So a few weeks ago i asked if i could get a mixer powered by a power amp as a pa. The answer was yes. Elated, i bought my mixer, and realized that a car amp could serve as a power amp. I looked around the internet and heard something about needing a converter, although no-one could be very specific about it, I dont suppose anyone would care to elaborate? were a highschool band with little to no funds, but we do have a broken down car with no need for its stereo system
Car amps are meant to run off of a car battery. I believe most car batteries are about 14 volts so you'd need some sort of adapter that put out 14v dc and also had enough current output to meet the amps requirements.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Sorry im still a bit confused. So i need a converter that goes from a car plug to a wall plug? I dont think thats correct but I dont have much of an idea of what im talking about. I basically want to run a mixer to a car amp to speakers as a Mic amp and possibly guitar and bass. I simply need to know if it can be done and how.
I just told you. You need a 14 volts (or whatever a car battery is) DC adapter (wall wart) that can provide enough current (amperage) for the amp to work.
kk. I think i understand. Im sorry im just not extremely fimiliar with amps and volts and whatnot. I'll try looking around and see if i can find a converter (or inverter, so im hearing) that fits what you said. Another thing i was is using a car battery connected to a car battery charger. i may have to give that a shot too.
Seems like a lot of work man. You'd probably be better off just getting a standard power amp.
Yeah im staring to think so. Might just take all the stuff i bought back and get a standard PA system too.
Too much work, just get a normal power amp :P
Gear
Guitars
- Ibanez GRX20
- Austin SG
- Alveraz Artist Acoustic Electric
Amps
- Kustom 15W
- Peavey Vypyr 75W
- Monitor speaker!
Effects
- Behringer V-Amp Multi-effects