"Jungle Love" by Morris Day and the Time
"Welcome Home" by King Diamond
"**** the Police" by some rapper

...snoochie boochies
My You'll be the Baddest Dude in Revere!

My Gear:
-Fender Mexican Stratocaster
-Silvertone Paul Stanley Signature Acoustic
-Fender Princeton 65w
-DOD Death Metal
Iron maiden has good bass for metal.

Edit: beat to it
Quote by RazzleMCR1
how should i narrow it down

I want (genre) in the style of (band) or (other band) or even (another band)
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
well i said punk and metal some examples would be avenged sevenfold or my chemical romance
you could always compose your own music. It seems like a large portion of people just wanna play things written by others and not themselves. Try it out.
Avenged Sevenfold was influenced by Pantera

the best band of the old pop punk movement was, IMO, Taking Back Sunday

listen to some of their songs, see if you like em.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
avenged sevenfold are some kinda metalcore, and my chemical romance are just pop, far from punk, or at least what I consider punk
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Try "The God that Failed" by Metallica, or anything from the Black Album. They're all relatively easy in terms of metal.
TS, for punk, please just forget all the trend-core "punk" bands that you read on those lists and just listen to "The Feeding of 5000" by Crass. best... punk... bass... lines.... ever......
--Gear--

5 piece blonde sparkle Gretch drum kit

-Drummers need their own forum-
Umm

+1 to Iron Maiden, i wish i could remember all of Phantom of the Opera at any given time.

Megadeth - Bad Omen, or peace sells, or Devils Island, Wake up Dead, Hangar 18, you know ... most of their stuff

Depending on how you like your metal Martyr could be great, i dont know if theres tabs but ive been trying to learn Endless Vortex Towards Erasing Destiny for the better part of a month now, the main riffs pretty enjoyable.

Opeth songs like Bleak and The Funeral Portrait.

Pantera's The Art of Shredding is really enjoyable to me.

Sorry, i'm really not much for punk, Rancid's Back up Against a Wall and Time Bomb could be really fun though
"Rome wasn't built in a week"

"Yeah but when they built rome, they didnt go "hey look, there's a functional building" AND ****ING KICK IT OVER AND PISS ON THE ASHES BECAUSE THE PEASANTS WERE CRYING THAT IT WAS TOO GLORIOUS AND AWESOME."
Quote by the humanity
Avenged Sevenfold was influenced by Pantera

the best band of the old pop punk movement was, IMO, Taking Back Sunday

listen to some of their songs, see if you like em.

agreed in the days of good pop punk (even tho most of them are still around) like NFG,TBS,Blink-182 all come from round the same time and i love all 3 and seen 2 of em :P.

Also Any Anti-Flag Songs good examples are Turncoat,Press Corpse,Bright lights of America.

Anti-Flag stuff is tons of fun to learn and tons of fun to listen to imo.
Guitar Gear
Guitar: Ibanez GRG140 (black)
Amp:Peavey Vypyr 75

Bass Gear
Bass: Fender P-bass MIM,Peavey Millenium 5 BXP (x2),Epiphone Thunderbird
Amp:Ampeg PF500 w PF210 cab
Pedals: ODB-3,Big Muff.
try 3 Days Grace and AlterBridge ....... and if you dont like either of them there's always Avenged Sevenfold, Breaking Benjamin and Greenday (if you really are that desperate )
Quote by Chait197
try 3 Days Grace and AlterBridge ....... and if you dont like either of them there's always Avenged Sevenfold, Breaking Benjamin and Greenday (if you really are that desperate )

Green day doesnt mean desperation their early stuff is just brilliant and the newer stuff is just meh.Dirnt has some nice bass lines longview for example is brilliant and catchy imo.
Guitar Gear
Guitar: Ibanez GRG140 (black)
Amp:Peavey Vypyr 75

Bass Gear
Bass: Fender P-bass MIM,Peavey Millenium 5 BXP (x2),Epiphone Thunderbird
Amp:Ampeg PF500 w PF210 cab
Pedals: ODB-3,Big Muff.
You want some good punk bass lines? Listen to the Clash, the Stranglers, the Dead Kennedys, Minutemen, the Misfits, and the Dead Milkman.
Try Megadeth (Countdown to Excintion (album) and Youthanasia (album) ) or Metallica (Kill 'em All, Ride the Lightning, Master Of Puppets (albums) They have some nice bass lines. Try For Whom The Bell Tolls and Symphony of Destruction, they are good starting songs.
Metal is like a apple, no-one likes the core.
Quote by Gessu
Try Megadeth (Countdown to Excintion (album) and Youthanasia (album) ) or Metallica (Kill 'em All, Ride the Lightning, Master Of Puppets (albums) They have some nice bass lines. Try For Whom The Bell Tolls and Symphony of Destruction, they are good starting songs.

I play the second part of the intro to Countdown to Extinction just about every day, so I have to agree with the song Countdown to Extinction..... don't know about the rest of the album though.
Quote by herby190
I play the second part of the intro to Countdown to Extinction just about every day, so I have to agree with the song Countdown to Extinction..... don't know about the rest of the album though.

Its nice song btw... And i would recommend Nightwish and Amon Amarth for little bit heavier (and faster too), good training if you try picking
Metal is like a apple, no-one likes the core.
learn Angry, young and poor by Anti-flag. Sick punk bassline that isn't too bad once you break it down.

do it.
Quote by dullsilver_mike
..Bob Barker isn't dead.

Quote by The_Casinator
Nothing is impossible if you're on acid!

Quote by Holy Katana
What if the NES breaks? WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?
Especially on the metal front, narrow it down. Amorphis is nothing like Anaal Nathrakh, which is turn is nothing like Electric Wizard.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1