Howdy all!

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for a new classical guitar. I think I've pretty much passed my ol' Yamaha C-40, and was looking for something better.

I like to play alot of classical pieces that require alot of articulation and dynamic control. Also, I like it to project better. Kinda more rosewood/spruce type woods, I s'pose. I'm not too knowledgable about acoustic woods.

Price isn't too huge of an issue, but I'd prefer if it went past a grand, that it wasn't too much over.

Thanks for your help!
Axes;
Ibanez S Prestige (Bubinga Top)
ESP LTD MH-103
Ibanez GiO with DiMarzio D-Activator X's!
'96(ish) Fender Stratocaster

Amps;
Mesa Boogie Road King II
Fender '65 Reissue

Joe Satriani's Group

Stop the Pick Gnomes!
If you can find a dealer where you are, LaPatrie classical guitars are fantastic. I loved mine (had to sell for financial reasons), and if I were to get another classical I'd probably end up with another.

Slicedit: Found you one - Infinity Music. Familiar?
Last edited by TimboSlice at Aug 31, 2009,
Budget!!! We need teh budget!

For starters see if the Alhambra 5P is in your budget and if it is lets see how far up we can go.
Quote by Confusius
Budget!!! We need teh budget!

For starters see if the Alhambra 5P is in your budget and if it is lets see how far up we can go.

Lol, I told you my budget! I said that I'd prefer that if it went over a grand, that it didn't go too far over.
Axes;
ESP LTD MH-103

Amps;
Mesa Boogie Road King II
Fender '65 Reissue

Joe Satriani's Group

Stop the Pick Gnomes!
Quote by TimboSlice
If you can find a dealer where you are, LaPatrie classical guitars are fantastic. I loved mine (had to sell for financial reasons), and if I were to get another classical I'd probably end up with another.

Slicedit: Found you one - Infinity Music. Familiar?

Yea, I do know where it is. I've never heard of it, let alone visited it, but I know where it is, lol. Thanks! I'll have to check 'em out.

I'm also in the same state as Pimantel guitars, so they're all the hype. But I think they're generally overpriced display pieces. Not worth the 5+ thousand dollars.
Axes;
ESP LTD MH-103

Amps;
Mesa Boogie Road King II
Fender '65 Reissue

Joe Satriani's Group

Stop the Pick Gnomes!
Quote by Confusius
Alhambra 8P, what is that in dollars?

I'd say it might be up to 2 grand. Things are so overpriced over there.

Where do you hail from?
Axes;
ESP LTD MH-103

Amps;
Mesa Boogie Road King II
Fender '65 Reissue

Joe Satriani's Group

Stop the Pick Gnomes!