Hey Ug down to these two amps one's at GC the other is about 100 miles from me
I've heard good and bad things about the Peavey but the Carvin I know very little about it haven't even heard one. Would appreciate any input here guys thanks
...What do you play? How much are they? What's your budget?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Ok we play 80,s classic rock 90's hard rock and some borderline metal ala hard rock
my budget is 600
The Carvin has better cleans. Or, more accurately, cleaner cleans. Carvin makes some of the cleanest amps around. That's where they really shine, their clean sounds. That said, the V3s that I've played have all satisfied me tonally with the OD channels, but they were rather "fizzy/fuzzy" at lower volumes. It's very metal-oriented.
I'd probably go for the V3, I'm not much of a fan of the XXX, but I know a lot of people enjoy them. Though, if most of what you're playing is 80's/90's, I'd probably go for a Marshall JCM900 instead; there's a few SL-Xs on Harmony-Central right now that would work nicely, but they aren't going to be nearly as versatile as the V3.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
The V3 is an awesome amp.. I liked it better than the XXX. For your uses I'm not really sure though. I would agree the V3 is more versatile and gives you more options down the road