26 46%
Strat type trem
14 25%
Floyd Rose
14 25%
Bigsby
3 5%
Voters: 57.
while i enjoy the trem, it seems more like a toy to me in lieu of vibrato (at least for the type of music i play).
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
I prefer a fixed bridge, specifically the tune-o-matic bridge. Ibanez makes great bridges like the Gibraltar series of bridges. My favorite is the Gibraltar Custom.
Hmmm, I hate strat bridges and Floyds. I do like the Edge Zero a lot. I only like fixed bridges if they're not based on the Gibson or Strat bridges. I like them to be really low profile and to have no sharp edges.
fixed, i have no use for a trem
Without spiritual mentoring, too much freedom can lead to the soul's decay
- Prince
I do enjoy a tremolo when I have one, but for the extra resonance from no routing and the ease of setting up, I'd probably take a hardtail. That being said, if the option is offered I'll take a strat trem. Bigsby's don't have enough range for me though and I don't use it enough to warrant a Floyd.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
fixed. love the convenience and ability to change tunings. even just half a step with a floyd throws everything off. that's just plain annoying. and i've always hated vintage tremolos. my 2nd guitar had one, never really saw the use. bigsbys look amazing, but i can't imagine they're much different from a vintage. i'd love one, but not for the tremolo use haha just for looks.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Quote by Mutant Corn
Kahler.

damn you Bigsby on steroids ftw!

But in all seriousness my next guitar is going to have a fixed bridge.
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Quote by Tyranus-3121
fixed, i have no use for a trem

yeah, me too
Control your destiny.
Fixed Bridge. The trem brings more pain than comfort
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

I play jazz and post-rock, so it's gotta be sustain-loving Tune-O-Matics for me. I would like to try a Jazzmaster at some point though.
Ebow > Adam Black Hydra/hhttp://i53.tinypic.com/opzadt.jpg > Morley PVO+ Volume > TC Electronic Polytune > Blackstar HT-DRIVE > EHX Big Muff > Danelectro Danecho > Line 6 Verbzilla > Akai Headrush > Akai Headrush > Laney VC30-212 w/Celestion G12H30 70th SEs
i will go with fixed bridges or floyds or strat trems. i live with 2 out of 3 already. (fixed and strat). when i get my FR guitar, that'll probably stay in Drop C. then i'll put my fixed bridge in Drop C#/D# standard. and my strat will stay in Drop D/E Standard. i dont even use my strat's trem, so i bolted (attached all 5 springs) down the trem so it dont move so it stays in tune better.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
I myself prefer a fixed bridge guitar, more a string thru fixed bridge guitar. Floyds can be a hassle for a lot of people. I am lucky to be able to set up a Floyd so to me it's not as bad but it still can be a pain at times. I hate the Strat type trems and was never a fan of Bigsbys. Bigsby's are a little too bulky but do look cool on a vintage guitar.

John
If I'm going to have a vibrato on a guitar, it's got to be a Fender American standard 2-point Strat vibrato. I used to prefer the American Deluxe ones since they have a pop-in arm rather than screw-in, but they've changed the Deluxe version to have bent steel saddles now, which I hate.

Even then, I'd only take with with Planet Waves lock&cut tuners, an LSR roller nut, a forth spring in the back and set flat to the body. It should be capable of only the slightest pitch flutter at most. Lose vibratos or floating units are horrible - you can't even do a unison bend on them, what's the point? Big whoop you can dive the arm down, that's nowhere near as useful as just being able to bend notes normally and keep in-tune.

For reference, one piece wraparound bridge > tune-o-matic & stopbar combination > Tune-o-matic and string-through > Tele style bridge > modern Strat vibrato locked down and blocked > whatever other bridges you care to mention. Basically, **** vibratos.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by Amer91
I prefer a fixed bridge, specifically the tune-o-matic bridge. Ibanez makes great bridges like the Gibraltar series of bridges. My favorite is the Gibraltar Custom.

This, paired with the quik-change tailpiece. I love it. Next up would be a Bigsby though, even though its use is limited, they look cool and are good to have.
floyd rose, but Ive always wanted to try out bigsbys and kahlers.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
Vs. threads are against the rules.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...