ok so i've been wanting to record lately, i used a 1/4 to 1/8 convertor i have to plug into my mic and yeah it sounds ok when recording my acoustic guitar (better than ripping the sound of my webcam) but itsj ust not good, and my Peavey Vypyr 75w has a record out, but that has a lot of "pops" and "crackling" like old LP's do, its weird, so im looking to spend up to $200 for something to record with, i have guitar, mics, bass and a mixer board btw, and an electric drumset. So basically i just want some reccomendations for products within that price range, i can go a little bit higher if its worth it, thanks in advance!
Gear
Guitars
- Ibanez GRX20
- Austin SG
- Alveraz Artist Acoustic Electric
Amps
- Kustom 15W
- Peavey Vypyr 75W
- Monitor speaker!
Effects
- Behringer V-Amp Multi-effects
- Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
- Tubescreamer
- Sampera I
What mics? What mixer?
Quote by Tombe
With pedals you can throw your guitar down for an impromptu pedal drone solo, whereas if you did that on a rack it would just look like you were programming your washing machine.
Quote by Union Of V
What mics? What mixer?

i really don't know, my dad gave them to me, the mic is ancient and doesn't work so well and the mixer board have like 10 inputs and a main out, eq out, efx in, efx out, monitor out and a 10 band eq, it works nicely, i just use it for the EQ right now
Gear
Guitars
- Ibanez GRX20
- Austin SG
Amps
- Kustom 15W
- Peavey Vypyr 75W
- Monitor speaker!
Effects
- Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
- Tubescreamer
- Sampera I
OK I'd say get a SM57 ($100), UCA202 ($30), plus stands and cables to hook the mic, drumkit, mixer and interface together (2x 2 RCA to 2 RCA cables, 1x XLR to XLR cable and whatever will hook up the drumkit to the mixer). Also take a look at Reaper for recording ($60).
Quote by Tombe
With pedals you can throw your guitar down for an impromptu pedal drone solo, whereas if you did that on a rack it would just look like you were programming your washing machine.
Quote by Union Of V
OK I'd say get a SM57 ($100), UCA202 ($30), plus stands and cables to hook the mic, drumkit, mixer and interface together (2x 2 RCA to 2 RCA cables, 1x XLR to XLR cable and whatever will hook up the drumkit to the mixer). Also take a look at Reaper for recording ($60).

Thanks i'll look into that and i already own Reaper btw and the drumkit just uses a simple 1/4 in instrument jack so i already have that covered
Gear
Guitars
- Ibanez GRX20
- Austin SG
Amps
- Kustom 15W
- Peavey Vypyr 75W
- Monitor speaker!
Effects
- Dunlop Cry Baby Wah