... so that it is only on treble.

I want to do this, because I only ever use treble, and it annoys the hell out of me when someone else plays my guitar and they hit it and it goes onto a different pick-up.

This is an Epi Les Paul.

I know how to get the switch out, I just don't know what to do from there.

Any help please?
Equipment List:

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Mexican Fender Strat w/ Hot Rails pickup in bridge
Marshall AVT 150 combo
Digitech Grunge Distortion
Boss DS-1
So...because you couldn't to be bothered to change the selector back to treble, you're willing to go through a mod so you don't have to? What happens when you want to use rhythm?
Oh well, your guitar.

Here's a wiring diagram for a one humbucker, one volume, and one tone. http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/wiring-diagrams/schematics.php?schematic=1hum_1vol_1tone
For the other humbucker, I'd assume (But not too sure so don't quote me on this) that you'd just solder all of its wires to ground. That or take it out.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Why not just leave the switch and keep it on treble? You may want to use that neck pickup later on.

But if you must remove it, you'd have to solder the pickups (or really, just the bridge since it's the only one you use) directly to the volume and tone controls.

EDIT: Use the diagram that Baby Joel posted. You might not have to worry about the step where you solder two of the wires together, since I think stock Epi pickups just have the hot and ground.
Last edited by rootbeerjuice at Aug 31, 2009,
Why bother taking it out....This deffintely strikes me as something your gonna regret a few months down the line.
Quote by rootbeerjuice
Another thing. If I was in your position, I would take the neck pickup out, and keep the switch for killswitch effects.

This is a great idea, do it!
Quote by Mr.DeadDuck
How much effort does it take to flick the switch down?

Too much :P
Equipment List:

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Marshall AVT 150 combo
Boss DS-1
Quote by sstony
Sad !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay.
Equipment List:

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Marshall AVT 150 combo
Boss DS-1
Quote by Hope1029
Too much :P

Laziness is not a quality that comes in handy when you're doing work like this. Keep in mind that this is a precise operation; it may not be the most complex guitar surgery ever performed, but it's not the simplest, either.

This operation will be more work than the switch flipping it will prevent. Another alternative that I would think about is blocking the switch with something. That way, you keep the option of using the neck pickup should you want to in the future (and chances are, you will).
Quote by rootbeerjuice
Laziness is not a quality that comes in handy when you're doing work like this. Keep in mind that this is a precise operation; it may not be the most complex guitar surgery ever performed, but it's not the simplest, either.

This operation will be more work than the switch flipping it will prevent. Another alternative that I would think about is blocking the switch with something. That way, you keep the option of using the neck pickup should you want to in the future (and chances are, you will).

I was considering just taping it down with insulation tape
Equipment List:

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Marshall AVT 150 combo
Boss DS-1
I'd just leave it, to be honest with you...

I do need to change my LP standard's wiring though, it's still stock and to be frank it all sucks.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
I'd just leave it, to be honest with you...

I do need to change my LP standard's wiring though, it's still stock and to be frank it all sucks.

Why in the hell would you need to change your wiring ?????????????
Quote by rootbeerjuice
Another thing. If I was in your position, I would take the neck pickup out, and keep the switch for killswitch effects.

You don't even have to take it out. You can just turn the volume for that pickup down all the way. You don't have a giant hole in your guitar if you do this.
Quote by sstony
Why in the hell would you need to change your wiring ?????????????

'cause epiphone uses shit electronic components in their guitars...?
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
'cause epiphone uses shit electronic components in their guitars...?
That's why i gutted my epiphone LP special 2 completely. sounds brill.
GEAR:
Epiphone LP special model 2 (Heavily modded - killswitch and custom midi X-Y touch pad).
Digitech Whammy, Zvex Fuzz Factory, Boss Dynamic Wah, Electro harmonix Little Big Muff, Zoom G7.1ut, Digitech Grunge, Korg KP2.
Marshall AVT 50x
Quote by funguy
That's why i gutted my epiphone LP special 2 completely. sounds brill.

I was thinking of rewiring, new pickups, drilling for string thru body, and buying a tonepros bridge and a tusq nut.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden