Page 1 of 3
so pit,

a few years gaming used to be all i did, before i started playing guitar seriously.
so in the last 5 years i picked up guitar, bass, drums and piano, i am now grade 8 on guitar, 6 on drums, studying for 7 on bass and i just did my 3 on piano.
i have joined 4 bands, now only 2 of which are still together and have recorded a bunch of songs together.

right so to the point, recently a friend recommended i look at the ctrl+alt+del comics and in the last few weeks i've read them all and i love them and want to get back into gaming, so i dug out my psp, my ds, my ps2 and my gamecube and i decided to get myself a 360 (yes i am WAY behind in the gaming world)

so, which 360 should i get?
what packages are there?
i read something about premium, core, elite and arcade 360's but its all nonesense to me.
please help
Quote by flamster
Yes I AM jealous.

^ about me
Get the elite, it's the best deal I think, you get some mega hard drive that you wont need to expand, and then you can usually get package deals with it that have a couple of games with them.
An Augmented 4th or a Diminished 5th?

Quote by I.O.T.M
You, fine sir, have impeccable taste.

Ahhhh Yuck Fou.
^ what Ichi said.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
gaming thread.

and get a premium. elite one is the best though, least likely of ever breaking on you.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Quote by Demon Wolf
gaming thread.

and get a premium. elite one is the best though, least likely of ever breaking on you.

Elite = Black Premium with a huge HDD.

No difference.
There's a special sex move I do called the Charizard.
It's where you light the girls pubes, then put it out with your cum and run around the room flapping your arms screaming, "You don't have enough badges to train me!"
Quote by Demon Wolf
gaming thread.

That's not saying much, though.

Oh snap!

Just wait and get the project natal thing when that comes out.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Don't buy a 360. You know why it's called 360, right?

Because if you see it, you turn 360 degrees and walk away.
Quote by Tokenmatt
Ps3

Quote by ZeGuitarist
Don't buy a 360. Instead, turn 360 degrees and walk away.

Just what we need, another fan boy.

Go for the Elite. Tons of memory and it's not exactly expensive for what you get.
<--- This is Wally. Not Waldo.

Gear List:
Ibanez RG570
Fender MIA Strat (in black, HSS)
Godawful Marshall MG practice amp

My Youtube
My godawful blog
Quote by Demon Wolf
gaming thread.

I'd say premium too. The elite's nice and all but the memory space is just overkill unless you're looking into buying as many original xbox games and saving them on it. Seriously, it's like with a computer... the only way that u can fill it up is if you store tons of music or videos, and in this case you can simply hook up ur mp3 player via usb into the 360 instead.

I personally have the Halo 3 edition one which only has 20gb i believe... If i delete the music in it and connect my Cowon S9 into it instead i'll probably still have about 3/4 of free memory space.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Quote by ZeGuitarist

Turning 360 degrees = turning in a full circle = facing the Xbox again = you are fail

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by ZeGuitarist

180 degrees you mean.

go for the premium. and be sure to get a store warranty!! awesome console.
Founder Of The "Jimmy Page Stole All Of My Potential Riffs" Club PM To Join!.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Meh, I usually just buy them off the local shaman, unless I'm in the wilderness, where I rely on raw meat to raise my HP.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Turning 360 degrees = turning in a full circle = facing the Xbox again = you are fail

Nice to see so you completely misunderstand a joke entirely because of your own inability to comprehend basic social functioning.

HOW DO YOU LIKE THEM APPLES?
Quote by Kensai
Just wait and get the project natal thing when that comes out.

natal's an add on. works on any 360. why would he wait? fail
In speed versus emotional playing, i think of an M16 versus an M24. You can have 650 rounds per minute, or one round, one kill. Both should be in your arsenal.

PSN and XBL: xxWONDERxxBOYxx
Leave a message that you're from UG with your username
Quote by Tokenmatt
Ps3
This. Wait for the new slimline version though.
R.I.P. Lester William Polsfuss June 9, 1915–August 13, 2009
Quote by Moggan13
I'm dissapointed by the lack of penis.

If anyone sigs that, i'll fucking kill them.
Quote by Kensai
I'm a good person and I never meet any pretty girls who loves jesus
Quote by ajreciever14
natal's an add on. works on any 360. why would he wait? fail

You seriously think you only have to buy an add on...?

I wish I was this naive. They're probably going to put out a much better xbox just in time for it, because project natal is so demanding/requires better memory/storage/etc.
Go with the Elite, best pricing in my opinion. If you look online hard enough you can usually come up with them pretty cheap. I happened to grab my elite for the price of a premium because I got it online from some website that was having a sale. it was brand new in box, not a refurb or anything. But even if you dont find a discounted elite, still get it. The 120gb hard drive alone is worth it, because you will almost never have to worry about running out of space unless your someone like me haha.

@the above comment: The xbox 360 got at least another 2 maybe 3 years of shelf life before microsoft will decide to release another one. BUT in my opinion if they are smart they wont bother. They are way ahead of the game in terms of market share right now because of sony's PS3 blunder, and if microsoft wants to stay on top releasing another system might just throw that dream out the window. They should just ride out the 360 for as long as possible and just keep the firmware updates coming. Thats probably the best stratagy to keep their marketshare.

Quote by Tokenmatt
Ps3

Worst Idea I've heard.

Sony is pretty much going to die in the next few years unless they can grab extremely good exclusive titles that make buying the system worth it. Their problem is they are arrogant, and the gaming commutity as a whole saw that. They in turn lost all the exclusive rights to many of the most popular franchises that they held for years due to not giving developers enough time to get used to the PS3s platform and pushing it out way before it should have been. So developers saw that microsofts new system was out and already well established, and decided to switch over.

Sony KILLED itself with the botched release of PS3 and trust me the WILL NOT get that market share back.

Haha, I used to be hardcore in the know about this stuff when I was still working at gamestop.
--Clips in profile! comment please!--
Guitars
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Schecter Solo-6 Limited
Takamine G330H

Amps
Line 6 Vetta
Carvin X100B

Pedals
cmatmods Signa Drive, Brownie, and Boost
Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah
MXR 10 band EQ
Last edited by Dragonis at Aug 31, 2009,
Quote by EndTheRapture51

Quote by ##_Guitar-newb
180 degrees you mean.

No, I mean 360 degrees.
Last edited by ZeGuitarist at Aug 31, 2009,
Quote by ZeGuitarist
No, I mean 360 degrees.

Pic doesn't work... another fail on same thread?

Quote by evening_crow
Pic doesn't work... another fail on same thread?

You still think I was serious about the 360 degree turn?

And pic is fixed.
Quote by Dragonis

Sony is pretty much going to die in the next few years unless they can grab extremely good exclusive titles that make buying the system worth it. Their problem is they are arrogant, and the gaming commutity as a whole saw that. They in turn lost all the exclusive rights to many of the most popular franchises that they held for years due to not giving developers enough time to get used to the PS3s platform and pushing it out way before it should have been. So developers saw that microsofts new system was out and already well established, and decided to switch over.

Sony KILLED itself with the botched release of PS3 and trust me the WILL NOT get that market share back

PS3 Slim anyone? Wait till you see the PS3 outsell the Xbox this year.
Quote by bananarama_man
a few years gaming used to be all i did, before i started playing guitar seriously.
so in the last 5 years i picked up guitar, bass, drums and piano, i am now grade 8 on guitar, 6 on drums, studying for 7 on bass and i just did my 3 on piano.
i have joined 4 bands, now only 2 of which are still together and have recorded a bunch of songs together.

Thanks for making me feel lazy and stupid.
Quote by ZeGuitarist

And pic is fixed.

Hard to tell... the article mentioned moonwalking after the turn as a solution so...

Quote by ZeGuitarist

And pic is fixed.

Well played Sir, Well played.
Founder Of The "Jimmy Page Stole All Of My Potential Riffs" Club PM To Join!.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Meh, I usually just buy them off the local shaman, unless I'm in the wilderness, where I rely on raw meat to raise my HP.
Well, we've had our xbox for about 2 years now and we've never had to delete anything of the hard drive. That said, we don't use xbox live or download anything, we just stick the cd in.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Quote by tattyreagh
PS3 Slim anyone? Wait till you see the PS3 outsell the Xbox this year.

Dude... no. Thats not the way the market works. Just because they release a slim line model for slightly cheaper (at least I hope they drop the price) doesn't mean they'll regain market share.

Even IF PS3 does out sell the 360 for a year, doesn't mean it will put Sony back on top. First of all Sony has almost NO exclusive rights anymore. The main reason people pick and choose a system is for the exclusives that come out on that system. Sony lost all its major players. Sony barely even has what I would call a game library right now! Releasing a slim line model just will not change that fact.

Also heres the nail in the coffin, sony lost the exclusive rights to SQUARESOFT. yeah thats right ****ing squaresoft. I dont know if you realize this or not but square was sony's bread and butter, they had the US and Jap market cornered in terms of RPGs because of that. And now what? they lost their exclusives to Final Fantasy series, more and more RPGs are getting released on xbox, and even the japanese market is finally starting to switch over to microsoft.

Face it Sony killed itself. If it cant make a miracle happen, then trust me they are going down the tubes in the next few years. Trying to get the whole market to switch over to blueray completely ****ed sony for money. and while they ended up pulling it off in a way, their focus on gaming was just not there the entire time, and the PS3 severely lacked because of it.

There is not ONE single ps3 game out right now that I want to play. And any good ones they have, are probably out for the 360 as well.

Hmm what exclusives does the ps3 have... little big planet? killzone? oh yeah I'm just dying to go play those games (/sarcasm)
Guitars
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Schecter Solo-6 Limited
Takamine G330H

Amps
Line 6 Vetta
Carvin X100B

Pedals
Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah
MXR 10 band EQ
get the new premium with 60gb hard drive. 20gb isnt enought for me

EDIT: Lol i just read the comment above this and he really must have no life at all.
Just thought id say
Current favourite bands:
METALLICA
MASTODON
NILE
Last edited by trivium036 at Aug 31, 2009,
Am I the only one who thinks it wasn't necessary to point out he knows about 2594 instruments better than most of us do guitar?

Yes I AM jealous.
I'm going in;

Rambo style
Quote by trivium036
get the new premium with 60gb hard drive. 20gb isnt enought for me

EDIT: Lol i just read the comment above this and he really must have no life at all.
Just thought id say

oh wow because thats a mature reply. Oh I do have a life, I'm sorry I just payed attention to things that were important to me when I was working in the video game industry.

Your a moron I'm sorry.

Thats like me saying to someone who enjoys sports and knows all about them "Wow you know those players names, man you must have no life at all"

Or to someone who plays guitar
"Oh wow man you can actually play and you know your stuff to! you must have no life"

****ing ignorant people
Guitars
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Schecter Solo-6 Limited
Takamine G330H

Amps
Line 6 Vetta
Carvin X100B

Pedals
Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah
MXR 10 band EQ
Last edited by Dragonis at Aug 31, 2009,
Quote by Dragonis
* Rant about PS3 and Sony in general *

Okay dude, I think you may have shown yourself to be a bit of a fanboy! The only two great 360 exclusives are Halo and Gears. Yeah it has other ones that are good like Left 4 Dead etc but those two are the only great ones. PS3 has LittleBigPlanet, Killzone, Uncharted but I agree they have lost a lot of exclusives.
Overall I think PS3's advantages outweigh the 360's. PS3 has Blu-ray, vidzone, Videostore, better digital distrubution - Playstation Store and free online. The only things I envy of the Xbox are Cross game chat and custom soundtracks(?)
Quote by tattyreagh
Okay dude, I think you may have shown yourself to be a bit of a fanboy! The only two great 360 exclusives are Halo and Gears. Yeah it has other ones that are good like Left 4 Dead etc but those two are the only great ones. PS3 has LittleBigPlanet, Killzone, Uncharted but I agree they have lost a lot of exclusives.
Overall I think PS3's advantages outweigh the 360's. PS3 has Blu-ray, vidzone, Videostore, better digital distrubution - Playstation Store and free online. The only things I envy of the Xbox are Cross game chat and custom soundtracks(?)

Dude I'm not a fan boy. I owned EVERY single sony platform up to the release of the PS3. I was even HOPING TO GOD that the ps3 would beat microsoft. I HATED microsoft before the 360. But thats not the way things played out.

I just happen to be a knowledgable gamer, and I know my ins and outs of this specific industry.

Fan boy I am not.

Nothing you listed as advantages are true advantages except for the free online. And trust me that I dont care about. 360's online works out 10 times better then the PS3s and I know that for a fact because I own a 360 and my best friend owns a PS3. I have played BOTH systems for long amounts of time and I know both of them very well. Sorry the 360 beats the ps3 out in every single aspect except raw power.

Your really listing blueray as an advantage? cmon really? It was a marketing stratagy by sony to move along the whole market away from HD Dvd, which is essentially the same exact thing.
Guitars
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Schecter Solo-6 Limited
Takamine G330H

Amps
Line 6 Vetta
Carvin X100B

Pedals
Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah
MXR 10 band EQ
Quote by Dragonis
Dude I'm not a fan boy. I owned EVERY single sony platform up to the release of the PS3. I was even HOPING TO GOD that the ps3 would beat microsoft. I HATED microsoft before the 360. But thats not the way things played out.

I just happen to be a knowledgable gamer, and I know my ins and outs of this specific industry.

Fan boy I am not.

Nothing you listed as advantages are true advantages except for the free online. And trust me that I dont care about. 360's online works out 10 times better then the PS3s and I know that for a fact because I own a 360 and my best friend owns a PS3. I have played BOTH systems for long amounts of time and I know both of them very well. Sorry the 360 beats the ps3 out in every single aspect except raw power.

Your really listing blueray as an advantage? cmon really? It was a marketing stratagy by sony to move along the whole market away from HD Dvd, which is essentially the same exact thing.

but i enjoy my ps3

then again i dont play many games, and i rarly play online now adays

i would stick to playing guitar, bass, drums, piano etc

or u can get a computer games, and just up ur graphics card, etc etc

Quote by Gunpowder
Thrashturbating? Most metal of all ways to pleasure oneself.
Quote by Dragonis

Bluray discs never scratch, have better storage, hell even MSG4 if reverted to HD DVD's would reach the point where you needed more than 1 disc to play it, since they could put more shi*t in my games with the bluray, I would rather wait for the ps3 exclusives to come out since they have more breathing room than the crappy hd dvds.
"When words fail, music speaks"

Gamertag - Acoustickk

Call me Vincent
Quote by PinoyxRockar
Bluray discs never scratch, have better storage, hell even MSG4 if reverted to HD DVD's would reach the point where you needed more than 1 disc to play it, since they could put more shi*t in my games with the bluray, I would rather wait for the ps3 exclusives to come out since they have more breathing room than the crappy hd dvds.

Metal Gear Solid 4 would taken around 4 discs to fit on the xbox. MGS: Rising has to use a different engine because the Xbox could handle it.
GAMING THREAD.

It's pointless to argue about which is better. I have had both, prefer the 360 but why does it have to be one or the other?

It is just childish. Let people enjoy what they want.

EDIT: And four MGS4 discs for 360 wouldn't have mattered much, it'd been quicker to swap the disc than install the game for every chapter...
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Quote by Dragonis

Hmm what exclusives does the ps3 have... little big planet? killzone? oh yeah I'm just dying to go play those games (/sarcasm)

Little Big Planet is well worth playing. Killzone 2 was an epic game. Single player, online was fairly meh.

But where was I...
Gran Turismo 5. Only the best driving simulator possible. *cough*
Metal Gear Solid 4. Albeit myself finding it a disappointment. Still an exclusive, and the 5th one is rumoured to be an exclusive also.
Resistance: FOM 1,2, Resistance: Rise of Man has been confirmed.
Killzone 3 is already confirmed.
Tekken 6
The Getaway
Infamous
Final Fantasy XIII Versus.
My Gear:

Washburn 6 String Bantam Series

Fender Mexican P-Bass

Farida Stratocaster

Peavey TNT115S
Page 1 of 3