Hi all,

It seems my beloved JCM900 is on its last legs as its been in the hands of a techie more than its been on stage in the last 3 months, so I'm looking at replacing it. I play pretty much everything, but mainly heavy-ish rock and blues. I am looking mainly at the DSL401, as I've played it and quite liked its idea of 'nearly' 3 channels!

My requirements:

- at least 2 channels - I have a tubescreamer to access the heavier stuff if need be,
- around 50W valve,
- an FX loop would be nice,
- as would a half decent onboard reverb,

I'm looking at around £500-£600. £600 tops really. And I'm really looking at new amps. Any help would be awesome, as I have no idea really.

Cheers
Stef
Quote by TehJermie
you can get that toneblaster stack at the cost of your dignity.

Quote by silhouettica
fine, screw the cheese sandwich if you must...

in general, ive heard the dsl401 blows compared to the 50 and 100

peavey maybe? not sure which one though, i havent been completely updated on the new stuff/model update they released
Pedal GAS?
Empress Heavy
ISP Dec of some sort
Keeley Katana
TC Corona/Vortex/Dreamscape
Quote by kyle62
You'd be better getting another '900, than a DSL. Try and get a JCM800 if you can, I've seen plenty go for under £600.

that could work too. though dsls really are good amps - if you can find a 50 and cab for <600
Pedal GAS?
Empress Heavy
ISP Dec of some sort
Keeley Katana
TC Corona/Vortex/Dreamscape
could I reccomend a Hughes and Kettner Switchblade? don't be put off by the DFX, they are very good quality and in the FX loop!
I should add I want a combo. So whether the 40 blows in comparison to the 50 and the 100 isn't important. tried an 800 before i bought my 900 and much prefer the 900 sound.

Will look into the switchblade though. Thanks for that.
Quote by TehJermie
you can get that toneblaster stack at the cost of your dignity.

Quote by silhouettica
fine, screw the cheese sandwich if you must...

I dunno if a used Vox AC30 CC1 would be good for you, but it's worth looking up.
Call me Cahum.

Squier Classic Vibe 50s Strat
Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab
Quote by ILiKePiNeAppLeS
I dunno if a used Vox AC30 CC1 would be good for you, but it's worth looking up.

- at least 2 channels - I have a tubescreamer to access the heavier stuff if need be,
- around 50W valve,
- an FX loop would be nice,
- as would a half decent onboard reverb

-The AC30 has two channels (Normal and Top Boost) they aren't overdrive and clean channels but are two different sounding channels that can be run overdriven or clean and are only footswitchable with an AB Box and even then if you AB one dirty and one clean there will be a volume jump because the channels don't have a gain knob but break up with volume.
-He would probably want the 212 because it will be louder and he wants around 50 watts,
-Yes it has an effects loop
-I rarely use the reverb on mine because it isn't that good.

The best plave to look is marshall and orange amps for what you want.
bugera 1990, modeled after the jcm 900, like a jcm 900 with a bit of a twist, it sound's great