So i went to the shop and picked up a MXR 10 band, and a Maxon 808 this weekend. These two pedals made my 6505 sound awesome for once. I was considering selling it because I couldn't get a good tone out of it. But now, im pretty sure im going to hold onto it. Just thought i'd share.
I think I really wanna try and get my hands on one of these MXR 10-bands. I've never heard anything but rave reviews from people who own them.

HNPD!
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by ch0
I think I really wanna try and get my hands on one of these MXR 10-bands. I've never heard anything but rave reviews from people who own them.

HNPD!

One of the best buy's i've made.........and a lot better than a GE-7!
Quote by ch0

HNPD!

Thanks! Yes i would totally reccomend it. It's kinda expensive compared to the other pedals ie. Fish and Chips, but it's worth it.
Quote by ch0

HNPD!

Keep in mind, not all amps benefit from an EQ pedal...

HNPD to the OP, btw.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta

HNPD to the OP, btw.

+1

And its a amazing pedal none the less even on those occasions you dont really need them you can find something to do with them. But alas I finally got rid of mine since its not needed with the amp change up and if anything im just going to get a rack eq. But if that didnt happen I would still own it..
Even if the amp doesn't benifit from the EQ pedal you could still use it as a volume booster and/ or gain booster.
Might as well just build a clean boost

Anyway, HNPD. I personally think they are overkill, but those extra knobs might really help out some amps...
Quote by The_Bosstone
Might as well just build a clean boost

Anyway, HNPD. I personally think they are overkill, but those extra knobs might really help out some amps...

Had to laugh.. I just invisioned what the 60's and 70's must of been like..

You wanna put a Treble and Bass pot in your amp.. Thats overkill...
Then tell me you arent adding a middle to that amp.. You are crazy man....

And then today......... You have stuff like the VH4, Engl SE and so on..

Gotta love it..
Quote by The_Bosstone
I don't mean an EQ pedal is overkill, I mean 10 knobs vs. 6 or 7.

I know... Its the adding on a knob or two that im refering too... Someone always wants and needs more so it just builds and builds. And everytime its suggested you know there is always someone that is gonna say its overkill..

So its just funny to think this started with some guy getting a amp with only a volume knob saying I need more and his buddy saying man that is overkill all you need is a volume knob..
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Aug 31, 2009,
Quote by The_Bosstone
Oh. Eh, that guy is going to be me. I'm a minimalist.

I was at one point then I got bored and went overboard. And now it could said im going even farther but in my eyes its more automation so I see it as being a minimalist gone overboard.
Quote by jonmo1

dude, that link made my day haha
Gear
Guitars
- Ibanez GRX20
- Austin SG
- Alveraz Artist Acoustic Electric
Amps
- Kustom 15W
- Peavey Vypyr 75W
- Monitor speaker!
Effects
- Behringer V-Amp Multi-effects
- Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
- Tubescreamer
- Sampera I
Quote by Raijouta

HNPD to the OP, btw.

Agreed. It barely affects the 800 at all, unless I cut/boost things to insane levels in which case it just adds a bunch of noise to the signal.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by bubb_tubbs
Agreed. It barely affects the 800 at all, unless I cut/boost things to insane levels in which case it just adds a bunch of noise to the signal.

Are you running it in front, or in the loop?

If in front, I'm not surprised...
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
Are you running it in front, or in the loop?

If in front, I'm not surprised...

There is no loop.

I intend to keep it that way.

^ **** the brootalz.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Im just curious, what settings are you running the pedal with the amp? And what kind of music are you playing with it?