Those of you connected to a certain other metal forum may already have seen this.

Forwarded via me:

"Hi all,

It's a sad day @ The Speakeasy Bar

As one fellow music lover to another i thought you should be aware that we had SEVERENTH http://www.myspace.com/severenth play here last tuesday (25th Aug) and they were caught on our cctv STEALING £750 worth of guitar equipment.

The item happened to belong to John (the landlord) if you already know John then you will know that he is one of the nicest guys you could wish to meet. Because he is also a guitarist he's been kind enough to loan his gear to bands gigging here to make it easier for traveling bands or in some cases to give the opportunity for some, just to try out different gear.

It has been reported to the police but i thought you should be aware in case any bands come across them on the circuit - WATCH YA GEAR! NEXT TIME IT COULD BE YOUR GEAR THAT GETS NICKED!

These guys just spoil it for everyone, running a live music venue & trying to keep LIVE music ALIVE in this financial climate is difficult enough without thieves.

TELL ALL YA FRIENDS

Cheers everyone"

Just a warning to UK venues/promoters etc.
Uncle Vernon, Uncle Vernon,
independent as a hog on ice,
He's a big shot down there at the slaughterhouse,
Plays accordion for Mr. Weiss
I had a ****in’ good laugh reading this…..

How childishly unprofessional & possibly slanderous to release such a damning public statement
prior to any form of legal action or outcome.
However this is apparently in keeping with how Bands get treated upon arrival at The Speakeasy?
Ok let’s put the record straight……
SEVERENTH rehearse at my Studio twice a week & have done so for the last two years.
Nothing has ever been stolen or damaged during this time so I find this STORY quite unbelievable.

The Speakeasy have also told the Band that they have NO insurance so obviously they’re looking for somebody to claim off. I’ll bet they have NO public Liability insurance either, so people attending the venue do so at their own peril.
The Speakeasy accuse’s them of being thieves yet pay the Bands that play the venue a pittance.
Pot calling the Kettle black? You reap what you sow, man!

If they haven’t done this I hope they take serious legal action against The Speakeasy ….they deserve it!
If they have done this, good on them for having the balls to stand up to yet another rip off promoter
and for being a true Rock ’n Roll Band….they deserve it!

As for all the Bands leaving comments, stop brown nosing & grow a set!
This is a very childish unprofessional statement, with no or very questionable evidence, from a venue that apparently hasn’t got insurance & treats it’s Bands like ****!

I’LL BET THIS IS ON FOR ABOUT 10mins IF THE speakeasy EVEN DARES LET YOU READ IT!

IF THEY DON’T SHOW IT I’LL MAKE DAMN SURE IT GET’S A GOOD PUBLIC AIRING!

I WILL ALSO BE INFORMING THE UNION & BBP.

JUST WARNING UK BANDS!!!!!!
Last edited by eddiedog at Sep 2, 2009,
Quote by eddiedog

How childishly unprofessional & possibly slanderous to release such a damning public statement
However this is apparently in keeping with how Bands get treated upon arrival at The Speakeasy?
SEVERENTH rehearse at my Studio twice a week & have done so for the last two years.
Nothing has ever been stolen or damaged during this time so I find this STORY quite unbelievable.

The Speakeasy have also told the Band that they have NO insurance so obviously they’re looking for somebody to claim off. I’ll bet they have NO public Liability insurance either, so people attending the venue do so at their own peril.
The Speakeasy accuse’s them of being thieves yet pay the Bands that play the venue a pittance.

If they haven’t done this I hope they take serious legal action against The Speakeasy ….they deserve it!
If they have done this, good on them for having the balls to stand up to yet another rip off promoter

This is a very childish unprofessional statement, with no or very questionable evidence, from a venue that apparently hasn’t got insurance & treats it’s Bands like ****!

I’LL BET THIS IS ON FOR ABOUT 10mins IF THE speakeasy EVEN DARES LET YOU READ IT!

So you're trying to justify stealing almost a grand's worth of gear just because the bands don't get paid much? Sad day when playing music becomes about how much money you get out of it.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Guess what! DON'T CARE! Not even a little bit. Take your bullshit elsewhere, thank you.

Oh, and Eddiedog, no duh they didn't steal from you. You don't shit where you sleep, everyone knows that.

Also, the band sucks massive amounts of cock. Truckloads, even.
I miss Morbid, the metal forum sucks now
Last edited by rockybo at Sep 2, 2009,
You lot are a bunch of f@ggots. Take the man seriously until it has been proven that Severenth are the saints you so dearly want them to be.
Remember this. Remember the summer. Whatever you do. Don't forget.
Quote by eddiedog

They knew how much they would get paid, you can't justify these thieves(If they really stole the stuff)
Quote by eddiedog

I hate to break this to you, but if it's true, then it's not slander.
Fight! Fight! Fight!
Fight! Fight! Fight!
Fight! Fight! Fight!
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Last edited by Cianyx at Sep 3, 2009,
I'm not yet seeing how someone can justify stealing £750 worth of gear because they don't get paid much for the gig...
Jerry! Jerry! Jerry! Jerry!
Uncle Vernon, Uncle Vernon,
independent as a hog on ice,
He's a big shot down there at the slaughterhouse,
Plays accordion for Mr. Weiss
Also, eddiedog, you're not exactly very convincing when it comes to telling us they probably didn't steal the gear. How do we know who you are? How do we know you're not a bandmember or a mate making shit up to cover their arses?

And for that matter you seem to be tacitly advocating stealing gear from the venue because they don't pay their artists much. Hmm. How childishly unprofessional and possibly libellous (slander is oral).
Quote by andyscoot
I'm not yet seeing how someone can justify stealing £750 worth of gear because they don't get paid much for the gig...

Nor am I...
Quote by Butt Rayge
Does anyone else suspect that eddiedog may be a member of Severenth?

I would be surprised if he wasn't.

I'll keep this in mind though when I'm booking all those shows I do when I'm not busy being 17.
Quote by ChemicalFire
He was too stunned by my fresh truths.

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.
Quote by eddiedog

You should go kill yourself.
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
The issue has now been cleared up and the band have released the following statement:

As some of you may know SEVERENTH were accused of the theft of equipment @ The Speakeasy Club York in August 2009.

After assisting North Yorkshire Police with their enquiries, I can confirm that SEVERENTH have been completely cleared of any wrong doing by the Police & no charges have been brought against any member or former members of the Band.

We would just like to take this opportunity to thank all the people who stood by us & to those that didn’t, don’t be so hasty to judge before having all the facts.

If any Promoters would like a copy of the Police report I’d be more than happy to supply them with one.

severenthmanagement_uk@hotmail.co.uk
Awesome...

:|
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.