Poll Options
View poll results: How do you likes it?
Brilliant Movie
67 44%
Meh!
30 20%
Sucked.
25 17%
Good..But not as good as the Dark Knight or Ironman.
29 19%
Voters: 151.
Page 1 of 2
Well I personally love the movie...But lots of people i know hate it.

How do you like it?
Quote by thanksgiving
I'm coming for you with a castrator!
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

Quote by shattamakar
Well I personally love the movie...But lots of people i know hate it.

Love, love?
Quote by tattyreagh
Love, love?

Yea...I suck
Quote by thanksgiving
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

It was ****.

Rorshach was cool, but Dr Manhatten was the only one with any actual superpowers, all the others were just idiots in capes.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Meh
hendrix was overrated and grohl is better in food fighters than in nirvana
I thought the movie was good but very long. I preferred Ironman, just because it was more enjoyable and fun.
Could anyone explain the relevance of Rorsharch's dairy at the end of the movie? I was kinda confused by it. Were the newspapers just gonna serialize it.
wtf, werent there like 20 threads like this when this movie first came out?
Quote by candysars
Thank you Jesusaurus.
Quote by tattyreagh
I thought the movie was good but very long. I preferred Ironman, just because it was more enjoyable and fun.
Could anyone explain the relevance of Rorsharch's dairy at the end of the movie? I was kinda confused by it. Were the newspapers just gonna serialize it.

They needed some breaking news after the world turned hippie...No significance really. Just a great scoop.
Quote by thanksgiving
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

It was ****. Not an enjoyable watch at all
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
Quote by this&that
wtf, werent there like 20 threads like this when this movie first came out?

+1
Quote by thanksgiving
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

Quote by tattyreagh

well in the diary it explained what the birdman guy was gonna do, so this would shake up the whole world piece thing.
-no sig-
Quote by shattamakar
They needed some breaking news after the world turned hippie...No significance really. Just a great scoop.

It was hardly breaking news, just Rorshcarch's role in everything.
I enjoyed it quite a lot... Roughly the same level as Iron Man, but slightly less than Dark Knight
Quote by SlackerBabbath
This from a country who're trying to make up for being late for the last two world wars by being really early for the next one?

Quote by konfyouzd
i think this is my favorite post of the day

Quote by Benguitar2
You ****ing pwn.

Awesome, dude, just awesome.
Quote by tattyreagh
It was hardly breaking news, just Rorshcarch's role in everything.

Relatively breaking news then
Quote by thanksgiving
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

I haven't read the graphic novel, but I'd wager that it would be easier to follow than the jumpiness of the movie. Not to mention the movie had a lot of long. drawn out areas where I became really bored.
Loved it. Read the book before I saw it, so that probably helps. Malin Akerman is hawt, too.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Quote by rabidguitarist
It was ****.

Rorshach was cool, but Dr Manhatten was the only one with any actual superpowers, all the others were just idiots in capes.

Then you missed the point of that.
Ozymandias final plan was brilliant...Make you think whether the Means really do outweigh the Goal.
Quote by thanksgiving
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

I didn't really like how a bunch of random **** was thrown at you throughout the whole movie and it never really adds up to anything until the very end, and even then it hardly makes sense. I watched it with about 8 friends and about 2 hours into the movie my buddy's girlfriend showed up and asked what was going on in the movie and we all said we know about as much as she did.

I wanna know how the hell that rorshack guys mask had the black stuff moving around in it all the time. Initially I thought he was like the invisible man or something but then when I realised he had a normal face, (despite being a ginger), I was totally lost. Anyone care to explain?
My Rig:

Guitars:
Schecter C-1 Classic (Deep Sea Green)
Jackson DK2M Snow White Edition
BC Rich Mockingbird Special X

Amps:
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 212
Roland Microcube

RIP Kevin Robert Swerdfiger
September 15 1991 - May 16 2008
Last edited by kyle100 at Aug 31, 2009,
Graphic novel was pretty good (but not as good as I thought it was going to be, everyone was making it out to lifechanging and brilliant) but the movie was so damn long.
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
It was nothing like the book. So much stuff removed and re-written. Even the ending of the movie was not that of the book, which was a HUGE let down.
Quote by kyle100
I didn't really like how a bunch of random **** was thrown at you throughout the whole movie and it never really adds up to anything until the very end, and even then it hardly makes sense. I watched it with about 8 friends and about 2 hours into the movie my buddy's girlfriend showed up and asked what was going on in the movie and we all said we know about as much as she did.

I wanna know how the hell that rorshack guys mask had the black stuff moving around in it all the time. Initially I thought he was like the invisible man or something but then when I realised he had a normal face, (despite being a ginger), I was totally lost. Anyone care to explain?

Redheads have mystical powers. Didnt you know?
Quote by thanksgiving
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

Quote by kyle100

It's explained in the graphic novel that it's viscous fluids compressed between two sheets of latex and the colours swirl around but never mix, and it was designed as a dress by Dr. Manhattan for someone who was raped and killed while people watched but didn't call the police, causing Rorschach to lose faith in mankind and he made the mask out of the dress fabric because when he was younger he had a job at a clothing store.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

at his command
Quote by CTFOD
It's explained in the graphic novel that it's viscous fluids compressed between two sheets of latex and the colours swirl around but never mix, and it was designed as a dress by Dr. Manhattan for someone who was raped and killed while people watched but didn't call the police, causing Rorschach to lose faith in mankind and he made the mask out of the dress fabric because when he was younger he had a job at a clothing store.

That is......
Quote by thanksgiving
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

It was meh.
Probably a slightly better use of an evening than continual fapping, but not much.
Quote by CTFOD

That, plus:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rorschach_test
I put sucked, 'cos all the superhero films suck ('cept the Dark Knight)
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

I just realised my post is almost as hard to follow as the book itself
Quote by duncang

at his command
It wasnt exactly a Superhero movie...But I just ****ing loved V For Vendetta.
Quote by thanksgiving
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

Watchmen was a great and brilliant movie. Second favorite superhero movie of all time (The Dark Knight is my favorite). It had a great soundtrack and the characters were awesome (especially Rorschach)
"Most people are trying to simplify the world. We're definitely here to complicate it." - Dad
Quote by RocksAwakening5
I you for posting this.

<-- Pretty much sums me up

8/7/09

^ I was there
it was great. i liked how it wasnt about the special effects or the action scenes ( though those were pretty well done) it was about the story and the story actually made you think. great soundtrack too, though i was dissapointed when i didnt hear muse, and then at the end when i heard MCR.
Emerse your soul in love

You used to be alright What happened?

Yellow tigers crouched in jungles in her Dark Eyes .
I've read the graphic novel but I havn't seen the film, I don't really want to because from talking to the people who have seen it it sounds like it missed the point.
you still have zoiiidbeeeerg
(V) (;,,;) (V)
YOU ALL STILL HAVE ZOIDBERG
Quote by TheBurningFish
It's more shocking to see Tom dressed at all.
Quote by suckersdream
I don't think I've ever actually seen him clothed.
Sexy Peoples Only
◕ ‿ ◕
TweetZ
overrated.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Quote by rabidguitarist
It was ****.

I hope this is trolling... if not I'm afraid you completely missed the point...

Quote by koikomoru
It was nothing like the book. So much stuff removed and re-written. Even the ending of the movie was not that of the book, which was a HUGE let down.

I actually prefer the movie's ending to the book's. I think the idea of Dr. Manhattan, after being pissed off and disappearing from earth, then coming back to **** it up makes more sense (and would probably work better with people, since they'd feel betrayed, americans would anyways) then a random alien from another dimension.

Quote by GuyWhoDoesStuff
I've read the graphic novel but I havn't seen the film, I don't really want to because from talking to the people who have seen it it sounds like it missed the point.
How so?

I personally loved both the movie and the book (read after watching).

Most people who've told me they didn't like the movie so much complained about how it changed things and wasn't like the book. My response to that is simple : No ****ing ****. The movie isn't supposed to be a visual representation of the book. The movie is a reinterpretation in a different medium. Aside from the limitations imposed on a movie (length and such), it's an entirely different person responsible for creative direction with the movie than with the book, you should be expecting it to be different. I honestly don't know why people insist on always comparing movies to their book forms, they're two different things, can't we judge each one on it's own as to different interpretations of the same story done in two different mediums, rather than expecting both to be identical?
it was good if you read the novel first. I wish they kept the original ending though.
Page 1 of 2