Hey guys!

Im planning on buying a new guitar and ive been looking at the BC rich guitars. I own a Fender Squire at the moment which.. um... fails...

The guitar im looking at is a BC Rich Trace Warbeast, Black with Silver Trace. I love how it looks but im not sure about its performance, sound and duribility. Could you please give me advice on this guitar? if i should buy it or any other suggestions?

About the guitar sound, i play mostly metal. Lamb of god, as i lay dying, as blood runs black, we butter the bread with butter etc...

Tnx
Quote by Leo7861

Fender Squire

Anyway, I can't say I'm fond of B.C Riches. I've played a few at GC, and to be honest every one I played I hated. Felt bad, sounded worse. And all the sharp edges and whatnot...Just looks like it's trying to hard to be br00talz.

But the bottom line is, if you're thinking of buying the guitar, try it first. When it comes down to it, no matter what anyone has to say about it, if you like it, you like it.
RAZZLEFRAZZLE
I'd say BC Rich looks metal, but it doesn't play it unless you're willing to shell out hundreds, even thousands, of dollars for a good one.

Of course you could buy one anyway, and if worst comes to worst you can use the pointy edges to fend off angry mobs.
Breaking stereotypes by playing indie on a metal guitar.

Current Gear
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Plus Top)
- Crappy Strat Copy (Redecorated, looks snazzy)
- Ibanez Acoustic/Electric Guitar
- Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
i'd say you should look into more brands, not saying b.c. rich is bad at all, i mean i love the mockingbird bodies, just i'm not sure the guitar you want is a good choice. it's sort of like a bad tattoo, if you know what i mean.

assuming that you're into metal, i'd look into jackson, ibanez and even esp. and buying used isn't always a bad idea either.

edit: watch this series of videos, it might steer you into the right direction.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6liq9e0_eg4
Member #40 of the Steve Irwin Memorial Club, pm Clincher09 to join.
Last edited by nivlarama at Aug 31, 2009,
Ive played that model before, but I cant give a valid opinion on it cause it was at a GC(they dont maintian ANY of their guitars that are on the shelf). But try it out for yourself, the picture on the BC Rich website dont do it justice, it looks great.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
My opion on B.C. Richs is that all the low end ones suck(bad tones) the expensive ones feel better to play look more detailed but I still think they dont sound very good. Considering the material you play I would recomend a schecter, they seem to handle that kind of stuff very well.
If you really love the B C Rich- buy it- but replace the pickups.

However, look into Jackson- for the price (looks to be around 300-400 bucks) of a low end BC Rich that sucks, you can get a Japanese Jackson with much better quality and playability. A good japanese Jackson goes for around 4-500, (something in the X-series). Save your money for a lil bit longer and get one of those.

If Jackson isn't doing it for you, I'd also recommend ESP and Ibanez. The M-series and the RG's are great guitars. As said before- BC Rich are just trying too hard to be METAL- and while the shape is unique, they just don't have the necessary components to make it truly a brutal shredding machine.
http://www.youtube.com/user/RichManofAction

200,000 views and counting!

Quote by Perp8tualMotion
This man gets the big golden popcorn trophy which signifies an exceptionally accurate response.

Gear: Jackson SL2H, DX10DFS, Ibanez Prestige RG, Marshall JCM 2000 DSL
Tnx alot guys! appreciate the feedback ill check out some of the guitars suggested!

The thing bout the BC rich is i like the look but dont want a brutal looking guitar that doesnt have the quality to back it... I will have to get this guitar from the US so i cant try it out before i buy it = the reason im posting here hehe

Again tnx alot guys
Oh and btw my price range limits at 300$... so ya... im not looking to buy an EXELENT guitar, just one that i will enjoy playing and that wont give problems.
If you buy a brutal looking guitar you will just regret it in a couple years. To me, most BC Rich shapes seem ridiculously immature looking, except for maybe the mockingbirds.
Quote by Leo7861
Oh and btw my price range limits at 300$... so ya... im not looking to buy an EXELENT guitar, just one that i will enjoy playing and that wont give problems.

jackson, in my opinion will give you some of the best guitars in any price range. 300 is enough to buy a nice jackson i think!
Member #40 of the Steve Irwin Memorial Club, pm Clincher09 to join.
Quote by nivlarama
jackson, in my opinion will give you some of the best guitars in any price range. 300 is enough to buy a nice jackson i think!

yeah id agree with this
B.C Rich isnt a good guitar.

If you are into those crazy shapes, look into v shaped guitars.

Schecter, Jackson, Ibanez, ESP are all VERY good guitars in that price range.

P.s, I had a squier and they only suck when it comes to metal. Otherwise, they are pretty decent guitars for classic rock and stuff.
yeah i'd go with the ibanez or the schector
My Fun Guitars
Fender Strat
Ibanez Rg-320

My Junk Guitars
Hondo II acoustic
Yamaha F-310
Jay Turser Les paul knock off of doom
Tnx guys for all the posts

I was @ a guitar shop and there was a guitar that i was interested in. Ibanez GRG170DX. Anyone know of this guitar and if its any good? its in my price range and looks decent.
Last edited by Leo7861 at Sep 1, 2009,
get a $300 JS Series Jackson or change the pickups on your Squier.

EDIT: The Ibanez has a really thin neck, idk how you feel about that.
Last edited by uptheirons95 at Sep 1, 2009,
Tnx, well the only jacksons i can get hold of in my area are way too expensive...

I like the Ibanez tho... so far ive narrowd it down to either the Ibanez GRG170DX or SZ520.

The GRG170DX is new but the SZ is 2nd hand, the guy had it for a year but its still in good condition i think haha

Advice pl0x :P

Thnx to everyone that has replied, you really are great!
Last edited by Leo7861 at Sep 1, 2009,
A low end Schecter over a Ibanez Gio series, and maybe even some low end LTD's as well.
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...