well... almost brutal... Im about to load my mesa 2x12 with some new speakers. the ones currently in it need to be reconed, they're buzzing and cracking like crazy. So i was thinking about just buying new speakers for it all together. Whatever the speakers are they need to be versatile, It needs to be able to handle both crushing metal and beautiful cleans. I was thinking eminence speakers, specifically the red coat man o wars, but im not sure.... and suggestions? Im playing a bogner ecstasy through it which is 120 watts.
Originally Posted by StewieSwan
schtick_bomb is actually a Tare. An evil race of aliens from the planet Nibiru who have come to fight the power of Jesus Christ.

The stock answer would be V30s, but I would ask Matrix Claw if you can. He seems to know the most about matching high end heads to cab/speaker combos, at least from what I have seen.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
yea I do love vintage 30's but i was thinking I could go for something a bit more unique and possibly better?
schtick_bomb is actually a Tare. An evil race of aliens from the planet Nibiru who have come to fight the power of Jesus Christ.

Eminence Legends or Celestion Vintage 30's would be awesome
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
there are sooo many legends though.... so many speakers to choose from in general.... how is a man to choose?

Quote by schtick_bomb
there are sooo many legends though.... so many speakers to choose from in general.... how is a man to choose?

I'd get V30s and G12T75s if I were you, though I'm not sure about what wattage that would be. Definitely get a mix, why settle for one type when you can have two? Or four?

It'd actually be pretty damn cool to hear a 4x12 with 4 different high end speakers in it. Like a V30, a Greenback, a G12T75, and a Classic Lead 80... That'd be interesting for sure.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Warehouse V30s. They are V30s without the harsher high end. That, or if you have the cash Mesa V30s which have more low end.
WTLTL 2011
A Man-O-War for the lows.
It's a nasty speaker.
IMO, don't get legends for brootahlz. They tend to poop at higher volume(when driven to brootz) and are middy...(not muddy). Great for clean and pushed tones but driven hard and cranked, their great low end becomes a bit poofy . WGS are a good option if you are on a budget. I went with 2 vet 30's and 2 ET 65's in an x pattern in my 4x12 Carvin cab and it is the definition of brutal, however, its not worth a darn for any other tones. Also, WGS speakers get a bad rap because they take FOREVER to break in. Greenbacks are an excellent all around option for just about anything you can throw at them but they do break up earlier than vin 30's and some others.
7 string Legion 7 > 6 Do mosh pits warm your heart? Then become a SECOND RATE CITIZEN.....better than the worst!
Eminence Swamp Thang or Texas Heat? Celestion G12K-100's are supposed to have a load of bass but I don't really like them.
My good friend plays texas heat in an ancient Marshall 4x12 cab driven by a Peavey Classic 50 and it is blues/60s-70s rock bliss.
Quote by jamesfarr
Eminence Swamp Thang or Texas Heat? Celestion G12K-100's are supposed to have a load of bass but I don't really like them.
7 string Legion 7 > 6 Do mosh pits warm your heart? Then become a SECOND RATE CITIZEN.....better than the worst!
Eminence p-50-e? The stock speakers from VHT/Fryette Fat bottom cabs.
Main rig:
ESP Horizon FR-II
ENGL Invader 150
Mesa Traditional cab w/ v30's
ISP Decimator Pro Rack G
BBE Sonic Maximizer 482i

Back up rig:
ESP Eclipse STBC
LTD EC-1000 VB
Framus Cobra modded
Yea, ive heard about the G12K's, they sound pretty good for brootals.
Obsession! Obsessive! Obsessed! Abscess!
Celestion G12K-100s. Loads better than V30s for most high gain modern amps imo.
Baron K2 SE 120
MILLS 4x12 Afterburner
Eventide TimeFactor Delays
ISP Pro Rack G Noise Suppressor
BKP Warpig pickups