I just upgraded from the Blackheart Little Giant to the Blackheart Handsome Devil amp head. The Handsome Devil has a Presence control and a Drive control that the Little Giant did not have.

Is it normal for the master volume to diminish or even cut out entirely as you decrease the Drive control?

I am trying to get a nice clean tone wit very minimal to no crunch to it. I actually need to play an acoustic guitar part through an electric. No acoustic available so I have to do it this way for now.

Thanks.
Gear:
Fender Strat
Epi Joe Pass Signature
Epi LP Plus Top
Jackson Dinky
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212
If you decrease the drive then the volume will likely go down. At high gain settings the volume will decrease less as you reduce drive. At low gain settings the volume will decrease more as you lower drive.

Both Drive and Master Volume are gain controls. Either one will have affect on volume. Master volume is affecting clean amplification stages, so the affect on volume is high. Distortion causes a compression of the signal so changing gain on a distorted signal has less of an affect on volume.
So if I want a very clean setting, but still have enough volume to be heard in teh mix, how would I set the Drive and Volume Controls? If I increase the Drive, I will get start to get an overdriven sound which won't work well for my application.
Gear:
Fender Strat
Epi Joe Pass Signature
Epi LP Plus Top
Jackson Dinky
Yeah, the easiest thing is to max the volume, then turn the drive up until you get the volume you need. Roll off the guitar volume control to help clean it up, and have a light touch when playing clean passages.
I will have to give that a try tonight.

Thanks.
Gear:
Fender Strat
Epi Joe Pass Signature
Epi LP Plus Top
Jackson Dinky
Quote by Rio38
So if I want a very clean setting, but still have enough volume to be heard in teh mix, how would I set the Drive and Volume Controls? If I increase the Drive, I will get start to get an overdriven sound which won't work well for my application.
The amount of clean volume you can get is called headroom. I have a Crate Vintage Club 20 that doesn't have much clean volume, but cranks pretty loud dirty. If you can't get enough volume with the drive turned down then you need to look for an amp that has lots of clean headroom. Preferably a two channel amp so you can just hit a footswitch to go between distorted and clean. Most two channel amps will let you set up your clean volume and distortion volume independently. That way when you switch to clean you don't lose volume.