Page 1 of 2
From sky news

Spider-Man, Captain America and the Fantastic Four look set to head to Disney after the entertainment giant swooped on Marvel Entertainment. Skip

The in a £2.5bn cash and stocks deal means Walt Disney will have access to Marvel's 5,000 characters.

The buy-up values Marvel at £30 a share and has been agreed by both boards.

It now needs the backing of Marvel shareholders and the competition authorities.

"Disney is the perfect home for Marvel's fantastic library of characters given its proven ability to expand content creation and licensing businesses," said Marvel chief executive Ike Perlmutter.

"This is an unparalleled opportunity for Marvel to build upon its vibrant brand and character properties by accessing Disney's tremendous global organisation and infrastructure around the world."

Walt Disney last month reported a fall in profits of more than a quarter.

Net profit between April and June came in at £579m, down 26% from the same period last year.

Now it looks like all the marvel movies are going to go down the sh!tter now

thoughts anyone?

I'm gonna have to change my avatar if they start screwing with marvel's formula
My Deviantart

Great Minds Think Alike
Quote by Son.Of.TheViper
You sigged me, AND had an idea the same as mine!
I like you.

About my Lady Gaga/Pokemon parody
Quote by Mike50227
XD not bad

Quote by ExOblivione
You're my hero.

Quote by myevilside
I must say, i love it!
Last edited by guitar-guy01 at Aug 31, 2009,
My...childhood...crashed before my eyes

EDIT: I wanna see The Punisher shoot Mickey Mouse in the face.
Last edited by homeless-john at Aug 31, 2009,
Eh, I cant really say that I care too much
Your mother likes it ruff, Trebeck.
I dont care about anything after they remade Tom And Jerry...My childhood has been raped enough for me to care about anything anymore.
Quote by thanksgiving
I'm coming for you with a castrator!
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

At least they dont get Batman or Superman
"Most people are trying to simplify the world. We're definitely here to complicate it." - Dad
Quote by RocksAwakening5
I you for posting this.

<-- Pretty much sums me up

8/7/09

^ I was there
Quote by drewfromutah
Just more characters to harass next time I go to Disneyland.

Oh man.... hahaha... that just brought back some good memories
Considering there were only 2 good Marvel movies, chances are they would suck without Disney anyways.
I think it should be The Jonas Brothers Vs. Every single Marvel villain ever. Except they wouldn't be the villains in this movie.
wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

FOR JUST £2 A WEEK, YOU CAN PREVENT THIS.
Disney need to stop trying to take over everything. They already have both the music business AND the film industry by the balls.

Disclaimer: By reading the above post, you agree that El Hilliaro is legally and morally free from any responsiblity should any harm be incurred by said post.

Also, you agree that I'm awesome and own all your stuff now.
Oh no please God!
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
Comics are for newbz lololololololololol

Just because Disney bought them doesn't mean the productions of comics/films will be poorer, if anything it's expected due to the fierce rivalry between the Media Oligarchy.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Well the movies will all end happily i gues....
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
I think it will still be run by the same people, just owned by Disney?

Either way, it doesn't matter to me. I only really like Spiderman cause he's hardcore.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by shmikeyboy
I just hope jonas brothers are doing the soundtrack

"Guitar is tactile, It's about how you play it"
- Joe Bonamassa

i'm personally just worried of this resulting in the likes of ashley tisdale being cast as black cat
My Deviantart

Great Minds Think Alike
Quote by Son.Of.TheViper
I like you.

Quote by Mike50227
XD not bad

Quote by ExOblivione
You're my hero.

Quote by myevilside
I must say, i love it!
No! God Dammit Disney!

I liked the Ironman movie and was hoping they'd do a good sequel

Now that disney has it the soundtrack will suck and they'll take out some of the, uh, maturity in lack of better words from the movie.

Bastards!
Quote by xander307
that wasnt scary daryldom, it turned me on

Proud Canadian Eh?
Quote by guitar-guy01
i'm personally just worried of this resulting in the likes of ashley tisdale being cast as black cat

...Okay, actually, I'd thoroughly enjoy that.
RAZZLEFRAZZLE
Quote by El Hilliaro
Disney need to stop trying to take over everything. They already have both the music business AND the film industry by the balls.

Don't worry, it's only a matter of time Google buys Disney.
Quote by SoWrongItsMatt
Mmm... PVC.
Quote by NinjaSlayHuman
Peter Porker

They also parodied Daredevil (Deerdevil), Ghost Rider (Goose Rider) and Doctor Doom (Ducktor Doom)
Quote by SoWrongItsMatt

you really want a disneyfied black cat?

there'll be no sexiness to it whatsoever as it has to be a disney family movie....no superhero or villan from marvel will be allowed to curse ever again
My Deviantart

Great Minds Think Alike
Quote by Son.Of.TheViper
I like you.

Quote by Mike50227
XD not bad

Quote by ExOblivione
You're my hero.

Quote by myevilside
I must say, i love it!
Oh my god, you people are whining about nothing. Disney owns Miramax. Miramax made Pulp Fiction. I'm sure all the fight scenes, gore, sexiness, what-have-you that Marvel entertainment has will remain perfectly intact. As a fan of both Disney and Marvel, this seems like an intersting move. Certainly unexpected. Hopefully Disney will allow Marvel to retain creative control, much like their relationship with Pixar, and just handle the promotional aspects. If that happens, I can see nothing but positives. If they completely take over Marvel, bad things will surely happen, but there is no way that they would do that, there are way too many Marvel fanboys to piss off.
what the ****! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Quote by postmortem2006

One time I was getting head from my (now ex) girlfriend, I blew my load in her mouth and she spat it back in my face. Seriously.

Quote by I_hate_kyle
Oh my god, you people are whining about nothing. Disney owns Miramax. Miramax made Pulp Fiction. I'm sure all the fight scenes, gore, sexiness, what-have-you that Marvel entertainment has will remain perfectly intact. As a fan of both Disney and Marvel, this seems like an intersting move. Certainly unexpected. Hopefully Disney will allow Marvel to retain creative control, much like their relationship with Pixar, and just handle the promotional aspects. If that happens, I can see nothing but positives. If they completely take over Marvel, bad things will surely happen, but there is no way that they would do that, there are way too many Marvel fanboys to piss off.

I agree, Disney cares too much about making lots of money to decide to take over Marvel, they're simply gonna have a monetary relationship.
I was never a fan of marvel comics, but I know what you mean.

We are all doomed.
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536
RazorTheAwesome, if I was a Ditto, I'd transform into YOU

Quote by Kensai
Basically god wanted to punish people for getting educated/eating apples.

Quote by Jackal58
We all desire a little pussy.
As long as Disney knows their place the added resources may help Marvel. If Disney knows their place. If.

Page 1 of 2