What was your favourite set?

There were so many for me, The Bronx, Gaslight Anthem, Frank Turner (then his secret show a half hour later), Friendly Fires, Eagles Of Death Metal and Hockey were all incredible. Oh, and Dananakroyd and Manchester Orchestra. Should have gone and seen MSTRKRFT though...

/10gloats
Quote by bellyache
indie ****e

AND we're off!!

EDIT: Incidentally, how are The Bronx and Gaslight indie ****e?
Last edited by Andron17 at Aug 31, 2009,
Watched FFAFs set, looked awesome.

Kings of Leon wasnt bad.

Enter Shikaris was disappointing.

I was annoyed they didnt film Alexisonfire, Fightstar, A Day To Remember, AFI, Rise Against etc, on the TV, and mainly put rubbish bands on.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Watched FFAFs set, looked awesome.

Kings of Leon wasnt bad.

Enter Shikaris was disappointing.

I was annoyed they didnt film Alexisonfire, Fightstar, A Day To Remember, AFI, Rise Against etc, on the TV, and mainly put rubbish bands on.

At the end of KOL Matthew proper trashed his gear then walked off with middle finger to the crowd. Was awesome.
Memorable moments:
Dananakroyd Wall Of Hugs
Fightstar getting that huuuuuuuge circle pit.
Prodigy having to go off stage momentarily because the crowd were getting to crazy.
All three brothers on stage after Gallows.
And watching Florence and the machine, Friendly Fires and Jamie T all one after each other off my nut on MD.
Quote by Malakian88
Oh my bloody god. Imagine if you were a girl and you woke up to find your little brother's friend standing over you with his erect penis on your breasts...

Indeed.
Gallows were absolutely amazing.

Pissed off about all that time fuck up stuff with Deadmau5 though.
Quote by Oh Shize
Gallows were absolutely amazing.

Pissed off about all that time fuck up stuff with Deadmau5 though.

Oh yeah, I missed that as well, said quarter past 4 on the card (or something like that) but it was an hour earlier, he wasn't even headlining. I think I shoulda gone to Vitalic instead of Radiohead though, from the sounds of it it was insane, except for the floor of ****.
Quote by Andron17
Oh yeah, I missed that as well, said quarter past 4 on the card (or something like that) but it was an hour earlier, he wasn't even headlining. I think I shoulda gone to Vitalic instead of Radiohead though, from the sounds of it it was insane, except for the floor of ****.

Radiohead was brilliant! Everyone says they were a let down, but I loved it. Especially how they opened with Creep.

Must admit I wasn't too chuffed with the split screen stuff though, a bit annoying when I was pretty far away from the stage and actually wanted to see it.
Quote by Oh Shize
Radiohead was brilliant! Everyone says they were a let down, but I loved it. Especially how they opened with Creep.

Must admit I wasn't too chuffed with the split screen stuff though, a bit annoying when I was pretty far away from the stage and actually wanted to see it.

Radiohead were good till they hit the 1 hour 30 mark, then it got tedious, especially with the what, 7 song encore or something?
Quote by Andron17
Radiohead were good till they hit the 1 hour 30 mark, then it got tedious, especially with the what, 7 song encore or something?

It wasn't an encore
I swear they just took a break and came out, and I am going to get slated for saying this but seriously a Radiohead set without High and dry, No Suprises, Street Spirit,Fake Plastic Trees or Karma Police. A set for the fans methinks.
Quote by Malakian88
Oh my bloody god. Imagine if you were a girl and you woke up to find your little brother's friend standing over you with his erect penis on your breasts...

Indeed.
There's a massive Reading and Leeds thread already.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by soccermom
It wasn't an encore
I swear they just took a break and came out, and I am going to get slated for saying this but seriously a Radiohead set without High and dry, No Suprises, Street Spirit,Fake Plastic Trees or Karma Police. A set for the fans methinks.

I'm sure they played Karma Police.
Quote by rockpwns92
I'm sure they played Karma Police.

Paranoid Android, Creep and Just. But no KP.
Quote by Malakian88

Indeed.
Karma police was great!
but it annoyed the hell out of me when they took the break and they started playing bloc party.. i thought it was oevr and i turned the tv off and went upstairs i missed the freaking encore (i was watching on BBC Three)
Don't Be Afraid and just look across Blue Fields.
You'll eventually see the Fisherman's Horizon.
Please, don't.. I was meant to go but broke my frikkin' leg.. Had one of those rigid tent things booked too because I don't want to be with the riff raff

The gf got vip tickets from work.. I was simply gutted.. I may cry..
@dbostwick
Radiohead didn't play creep at leeds
Them Crooked Vultures were amazing though, so lucky we walked past and saw it (we were very slow on the uptake that they were playing)
That was a rare post..

My band on:myspace facebook UG
Leeds '07 '08 '09!
I don't know the answer, or have anything funny to say, but dude that is one sweet Bulbasaur avatar
Radiohead defiantly played Karma Police (at Reading)
Last edited by Andron17 at Aug 31, 2009,
Quote by Andron17
Radiohead defiantly played Karma Police

Maybe I was wrong then
Still boring mind. All the main stage headliners were slightly poor tbh, KOL seemed to be convinced that everyone hated them.
Quote by Malakian88

Indeed.
Karma police was great!
but it annoyed the hell out of me when they took the break and they started playing bloc party.. i thought it was oevr and i turned the tv off and went upstairs i missed the freaking encore (i was watching on BBC Three)
Don't Be Afraid and just look across Blue Fields.
You'll eventually see the Fisherman's Horizon.
Quote by soccermom
It wasn't an encore

They definitely played karma police and i'm fairly certain street spirit too...
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
Radiohead played both Karma Police and Street Spirit...are you thinking of Leeds?

It was honestly one of the best performances I've ever seen.
Saw Radiohead at Leeds. When people say they thought they were a let down, don't listen to them, i don't know what goes on in their heads, but they blew my mind.
Radiohead were pretty brilliant. Not too sure about how they went off then came back on for an 'encore' when they had to stop at 11pm. I think they were better when I saw them last year at manchester but since I went to Leeds I still haven't seen street spirit live :<.

I agree it was a pretty fan-aimed set at Leeds, missing many well-known ones. That suits me just fine though hehe.

Really good weekend. No one disappointed.
The Prodigy totally upstaged Arctic Monkeys, and I'l gladly admit that despite AM being one of my favourite bands.

Radiohead were just incredible. I've never been so close to crying at a gig. Thom Yorke's voice is amazing live.

Them Crooked Vultures were cool as ****! What a band lineup.

Crystal Castles were pretty insane, I was down the front for them and at one point couldn't touch the floor, and I don't mean the part when I was crowd-surfing.