In a few songs i've heard there are what seam to be a pick slide with what sounds like harmonics at the same time...(EVH ive seen do it, White Lion's radar love, DR. Feelgood). Ive been trying to learn how to do it but every time i do it i just get a pickslide/muffled blah...ive been playin for 10 yearsish and it bothers me that i still cant figure it out haha.

I dont have the exact times in the songs cause im in class right now but i can figure them out and post them later today?

Dr, Feelgood: i think its towards the mid of the solo

White lions version of radar love: after slower part of solo before the tapping part.

EVH's live w/o a net solo dont know the specific time..i saw it on youtube awhile ago.

Any help on this would be awesome! thanks!
couldn't it be picking one or more of the bass strings, and then sliding down from about fret 12 to fret 2? I haven't heard the songs or anything but that's my idea
Gear:
Fender Jazzmaster
Boss DS-2
Digitech RP150 (with Line6 EX-1 Exp pedal)
Orange Crush 30R

My Youtube Page
Read this!You know you really want to...

divebombs maybe? you would need a good FR trem for it to stay in tune afterwards though.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
That would a technique known as auto-flanging. Do a trill on any string and then slide your finger over that string - only touching it, without fretting. You can hear it also in Black Label Society's song Fire it up just before the solo.
Quote by ivan987
That would a technique known as auto-flanging. Do a trill on any string and then slide your finger over that string - only touching it, without fretting. You can hear it also in Black Label Society's song Fire it up just before the solo.

Sort of like what Steve Vai does? Trill with left hand, use tongue to hit touch harmonics?