Hey Guys,
Is there a Blackstar pedal that gives off a tone that sounds similiar to the Blackstar HT-5?? I love the tone but i can't afford the amp.
CHeers
Quote by fearofthemark
Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

We are the dynamite!!

My Gear:

Hamer XT Series (SATF)
Jackson JS30 Dinky
Vintage V100 Les Paul (w/ Seymour Dunc JB in Bridge pos.)

Korg ToneWorks AX1500G
Marshall MG100HDFX
You love the tone because its a full tube amp.. So odds are you might not like the pedal.. Example I hated the pedal but loved the amp

As for the pedal im pretty sure its the HT-DUAL
id save for the ht-5 if you like the sound. the pedal is only like half its price and wouldnt be worth a damn running through an mg.
Okay, the pedals use a Tube in them which is why im wondering if theres one where you can get the same sort of sound. There's only 2 tubes in the head and combo versions of the HT-5

Also, the clean channel of an MG isnt all that bad but i know what youre saying.
Quote by fearofthemark
Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

We are the dynamite!!

My Gear:

Hamer XT Series (SATF)
Jackson JS30 Dinky
Vintage V100 Les Paul (w/ Seymour Dunc JB in Bridge pos.)

Korg ToneWorks AX1500G
Marshall MG100HDFX
you could probably get away with selling the mg on craigslist or the similar for like 200 and you already have about 200 im assuming for the pedal so there you go 400 for the ht5 good luck man.
Quote by maniac-stevo
Okay, the pedals use a Tube in them which is why im wondering if theres one where you can get the same sort of sound. There's only 2 tubes in the head and combo versions of the HT-5

Also, the clean channel of an MG isnt all that bad but i know what youre saying.

What makes the tone is the fact it has a 5 watt tube power section that gets saturated fairly easy and early. A warmer distortion pedal ran into a SS power section is far from that diserable of a tone.