yesterday i just got my Vox Valvetronix, 50 W and today i went to rehearsal with my band.i plugged my guitar in and i turned the volume to the middle and the master volume to maxium.if i don't do anything to guitar my amp emits a very loud sharp sound, i turned the master volume to the middle, still emits the noise, i turned the volume a little down and the noise almost disappeared but the drums were too loud and i didn't heared myself.i don't know what to do, i tried my friend's guitar which is a Ibanez RGT6EX and my amp still emited that sound.can anyone help me?
Quote by StarChildSammy
yesterday i just got my Vox Valvetronix, 50 W and today i went to rehearsal with my band.i plugged my guitar in and i turned the volume to the middle and the master volume to maxium.if i don't do anything to guitar my amp emits a very loud sharp sound, i turned the master volume to the middle, still emits the noise, i turned the volume a little down and the noise almost disappeared but the drums were too loud and i didn't heared myself.i don't know what to do, i tried my friend's guitar which is a Ibanez RGT6EX and my amp still emited that sound.can anyone help me?

did you really just say that?
the minimalist σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
and by very large sharp sound do you mean feedback? if so back off the gain a bit and change the amp modes around.
gain at max and master volume at max means you just got some feedback. move away form the amp and turn the gain down a bit.
Quote by forstringwonder
gain at max and master volume at max means you just got some feedback. move away form the amp and turn the gain down a bit.

+5
Quote by forstringwonder

hey, thanx i'll try that too, tomorrow when i'll go to rehearsals.
FEEDBACK
just so you remember
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Ehm yeah. Not only that you may have the wrong volume on all things. But if you have the gain volume on max, there's a big chanse that you blows your amp!
Quote by Chokenhold
Ehm yeah. Not only that you may have the wrong volume on all things. But if you have the gain volume on max, there's a big chanse that you blows your amp!

no...
Quote by forstringwonder

his english is better than your romanian so kindly STFU
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
his english is better than your romanian so kindly STFU

and last time i checked the language everyone here is typing in is english.

Last edited by forstringwonder at Aug 31, 2009,
Quote by Chokenhold
Ehm, yes it is.

oh look i just put my Epi starter amp's volume and gain at max, and started playing some metallica and it didnt blew my amp. It just sounded like a bunch of bees having sex with the queen.
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by Chokenhold

No, you can't. Go lookup how you blow amps. Max gain will not do it.
Quote by forstringwonder

Anyway, TS, turn the gain down a bit.

EDIT:

Quote by WTF!!is a TAB

oh look i just put my Epi starter amp's volume and gain at max, and started playing some metallica and it didnt blew my amp. It just sounded like a bunch of bees having sex with the queen.

A grammatical error from a legend!?! WHAT IS THIS.

also, the bees having sex with the queen made me lol, well done sir.
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
Last edited by LezPaulEpiphone at Aug 31, 2009,
Try the gain at like.. halfway first. Set your EQ how you like it at the volume you require, and then add gain as needed. Usually you shouldn't need as much gain as you think.
Quote by LezPaulEpiphone

Anyway, TS, turn the gain down a bit.

EDIT:

Alf's always making grammatical errors
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
besides, how useless would an amp be if turning it all the way up (i.e. using it) broke it?
Quote by forstringwonder
besides, how useless would an amp be if turning it all the way up (i.e. using it) broke it?

haha yeah plus turning it all the way up wouldn't it cause it to distort on its on a bit naturally? The amp would never blow from that haha
Gear
Guitars
- Ibanez GRX20
- Austin SG
- Alveraz Artist Acoustic Electric
Amps
- Kustom 15W
- Peavey Vypyr 75W
- Monitor speaker!
Effects
- Behringer V-Amp Multi-effects
- Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
- Tubescreamer
- Sampera I
Quote by LezPaulEpiphone

1) Grew Up in a country where English is not the most spoken language
2) im on vacation so i dont really care how i type
3) i ALMOST failed english class

PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB

Fair enough
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
Quote by forstringwonder
and last time i checked the language everyone here is typing in is english.

Last time i checked TS's profile, he lives in romania...dont be so quick to judge
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB

Heck, I speak only english and I still do that. I retract my previous and add a
Quote by kcdakrt
DLrocket89 makes my ug experience better!

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

Kit Amp Building Tutorial
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
Last time i checked TS's profile, he lives in romania...dont be so quick to judge

sorry i don't check someone's profile for any and all relevant information before i reply to their post.
Quote by StarChildSammy

Is it just feedback? That's just natural when you stand next to you amp when it's at high volume. Try standing further away.
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB

And the fact that anyone who goes to the Pit is bound to make grammatical errors, because, well, it's the Pit