I got an epiphone SG special. Yeah its a good guitar and all but the action from about the 15th fret up kinda sucks ass. The action is good at the neck of the guitar all i really want to do is equal it out so it aint so drastic as you move up the neck.

Help much appreciated.
Just lower the bridge with the saddles on by the two screws with a flat head screwdriver.
Gear!
Jackson RR3 with EMGs!
B.C. Rich KKV
Yamaha F-310 Acoustic

Digitech Bad Monkey.

Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by Oosh.
Just lower the bridge with the saddles on by the two screws with a flat head screwdriver.

Yeah but if i do that then the action is too low and the strings buzz of the upper frets.
Quote by slasher2169
Yeah but if i do that then the action is too low and the strings buzz of the upper frets.

you can't lower it too much. i had a epi LP special II and i just went through trial and error till i got the action low enough with out fret buzz. you can try that, but it'll take some time
Sounds like you may need to loosen you truss rod a little bit. That should raise the action at the neck a bit, then you can lower it at the bridge. Just make sure, for the love of god, that you only go an 1/8th of a turn at a time (less if you can)
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
Quote by bv310
Sounds like you may need to loosen you truss rod a little bit. That should raise the action at the neck a bit, then you can lower it at the bridge. Just make sure, for the love of god, that you only go an 1/8th of a turn at a time (less if you can)

Why in case the neck snaps
adjust the neck truss rod to get the neck just right.(almost every epi i've played has had a poor neck, there really not that great in comparison to others in price range). If you don't feel comfortable doing it yourself then take it to a guitar tech and he'll set up your guitar. Doing things like changing string gauge can screw with a neck if it is a noticeable gauge change (ie 12's to 9's). if it is a bolt on it might be that the neck needs some other adjustments to reset it.
Unless you start cranking the truss, your neck will not snap. The way you describe it sounds like you have a front bow to the neck. By loosening the truss slightly, you make it straighten back a bit, which allows you to adjust action at the bridge.

I only said it that way because I was assuming your bridge was already lowered, so you only have a bit of relief needed in order to get the proper action. If you're not comfortable doing it yourself, bring the guitar in. A full setup with extra strings should only be 35-40 bucks.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.