the lower frequencies usaually do. why? you cant hear high notes while playing low notes as well? just work on muting the strings better.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
No, you should be able to hear all notes equally.

Perhaps your pickups are not set to the correct hieght.

And no, "the closer my pickup is to the strings the better", that is not correct thinking.

The treble side should be slightly closer to the strings than the bass side.....slightly.....
But overall, the pickups should not be too close to the strings, they are magnets and they will deaden the vibration of the strings when they are too close.

Best bet is to look in the owners manual for the correct distance between pickup and strings.
If you don't have your manual look online.
If all else fails, use Fender's manual. That should be a pretty average starting point.
http://www.fender.com/support/manuals/pdfs/instr_owners/FenderGuitarsAndBasses2003.pdf

2001 Ernie Ball Music Man Axis Super Sport
2001 MIM Standard Strat
Peavey Classic 30 112 Combo.
My Gear
Last edited by jonmo1 at Aug 31, 2009,
If i play a chord. the higher notes are very faint, even if i pluck them hard. the low note just ring out and stands out more
Quote by 00mirshahia
If i play a chord. the higher notes are very faint, even if i pluck them hard. the low note just ring out and stands out more

Like Jonmo1 said, adjust your pickup height
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712