Okay well I've been busy transcribing some of my old melodeath band's songs in GP. This one was a song that never got finished, but I'd love to wrap it up one day. The only track here is the rhythm, as I sang and played at the same time so I remember it the most. It's missing a bridge and a solo in the middle to wrap the song together and the harmonized leads, etc, are gone. :P I'm total crap at drum tabbing but if someone would like to help, I'd appreciate it.

Anyways look at my WIP and tell me what can be fixed, changed, etc. I'll c4c so feel free to leave a link.
Attachments:
1.gp5
Quote by King Twili
The main riff gets a little repetitive, and i don't really like that bridge in the middle, and the outro which was the same thing.

I do however like the riff from bars 57-64, very much like Creeping Death.

GP tends to make everything a bit to repetitive, imo. :P Drums and vox usually bring that part out. The bridge isn't really done at all, so I understand if you don't like it. Outro remains unfinished aswell.

Thank you for the crits
So the intro and verse riffs were pretty simple and generic, but it's easy to change that and the basic chord progression is ok.
For the chords at bar 40+ you could use some other variants of the basic power chord to make it more exciting.
I'd really enjoy making a drum track for you, just give me 1 or 2 days of time and tell me if you want RSE oder Midi drums.

C4C?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1192560
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Quote by thorbor
So the intro and verse riffs were pretty simple and generic, but it's easy to change that and the basic chord progression is ok.
For the chords at bar 40+ you could use some other variants of the basic power chord to make it more exciting.
I'd really enjoy making a drum track for you, just give me 1 or 2 days of time and tell me if you want RSE oder Midi drums.

C4C?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1192560

Intro/main riff generic, noted. Bars 41-56 were actually part of a backing to a lead line. Around bar 30 the lead harmonizes and builds towards a lead line. I'm going to work on tabbing that out if I can remember it lol.

And as long as it fits/sounds good, it's fine by me. I'm not a huge GPer (obviously) so midi drums should work fine. I assume those are the easiest of the two to do lol.
I checked it out.. Man - it's just the bunch of couples riffs you've got Riff in bars 57-64 - it's rip off from Metallica's "Creeping Death" What a shame? 0_o Bars 79-104 are NOT of this song, they just don't work for this "song". Try better & stay true
Hmm, I can't say much only having one track of the song.
The riff is normal, I mean, itself is nothng special, but it can be great depending on the other instruments you have (vocals included).
I can say that 65-72 has weird rhythm (drums could fix that).
Well, have to wait for the finished product for a more detailed crit
Quote by uncreativelolol
I assume those are the easiest of the two to do lol.

actually RSE drums are easier for me, plus they sound A LOT better.
I'll upload a track tomorrow
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
KingT - Then what, kind sir, do you suggest? I've only been playing for about 2 years now so I'm always looking for suggestions and the etc to help me.

Thorbor - Thank you, glad to see helpful members here at UG. I'm away from my home atm but as soon as I'm home I'll crit your song. Sorry for the delay!

Tom - Nah brother, I'm not trivium lol. My riff is only a "thicker" version of my main riff because we wanted something hard right after the lead lines. It's not in the same tuning (key) or even the same notes. Thank you for your concern though. Keep it metal lml lml
Last edited by uncreativelolol at Aug 31, 2009,