C4C always

An experimental instrumental I worked a few weeks on with focus on drum and bass.
Strongly influenced by Alex Skolnick Trio (dont ask me how though )
There are both heavy and soft parts but it's hard to describe.
It's designed for full RSE only. If you don't have RSE, download the mp3 file, otherwise 75% of the song wont make any sense.

http://rapidshare.com/files/273958694/17_.mp3

The more you write, the more I write back.
Attachments:
#17.gp5
#17.gp4
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
This song is like a lesson in space and timing.

This is probably the 4th time I've said this now, but I really do love your drum tracks. One of these days I'm going to have armed men to break into your house, relocate you to a small shack located somewhere in the forests of South America, where you shall be forced to write drum tracks for my music.

Ahem. There are huge improvements to the sections that I heard when you first posted this. Most of my original complains no longer apply.

I didn't much like bar 25... I see what you were trying to do, but it just didn't work for me.

Theme 2 is still strange, and I still feel like it ends just when it's really getting started. It almost feels like there should be a small guitar solo between bars 34 and 35.

Love theme 4. It's completely and totally unpredictable.

Drum solo was fantastic, although I think you started the drums off a little too quietly while the harmonics were fading out, it made for a bit of a weird transition.

Anyway, great song. Some parts were a bit out there, and it definitely requires multiple listens to really digest and appreciate, but damn if it doesn't show just how much you can do with just 3 tracks and a very minimal amount of guitar at that.

Anyway, I've further updated my newest song if you want to have another look at it, although I think I've made an even bigger mess of the whole thing
I love the use of harmonics on the guitar.
Overall, the strange rhythm was just that; strange. It was good, but also made it a little hard to get into, IMO.
My favorite part was starting at 83; I loved the mildly creepy part on the guitar, and then the drum-solo was incredible.
All in all, I liked it. I'd say 8/10.
Quote by icronic
Theme 2 is still strange, and I still feel like it ends just when it's really getting started. It almost feels like there should be a small guitar solo between bars 34 and 35.
I think 'll play around a bit tomorrow, this song is really missing a guitar solo but I don't think that it will turn out well.
Quote by icronic

Drum solo was fantastic, although I think you started the drums off a little too quietly while the harmonics were fading out, it made for a bit of a weird transition.
The problem is you can't have the last chord played that long. It depends on the guitar sound you use, but basically more than 4 bars aren't possible
Quote by icronic

Anyway, I've further updated my newest song if you want to have another look at it, although I think I've made an even bigger mess of the whole thing.
I'll take a look at it tomorrow, now I got to sleep
btw I'm still waiting for you to ask my for drum help
Quote by herby190
Overall, the strange rhythm was just that; strange.
You're the last one to call a song strange

btw I just love your headline
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Quote by thorbor
You're the last one to call a song strange

btw I just love your headline

What do you mean by my headline?
Oh, and I didn't write that song, so you can't say that
Wish I had though; I always forget just how talented he is.
Wow, what can I say? Are you the secret songwriter for Liquid Tension Experiment?

The drummer.. Just pure excellence, I simple can't grasp how much work you must have put in to that. I've got nothing else to say on the drumming.

The basslines were very groovy, and fitted very well with the guitar, even when the rythm was completely crazy.

The guitar work was good as well, in fact so good, I want more of it. Maybe add a little more guitar work to your themes, you clearly show us that you master the guitar as well.

During the drum solo, I wish you'd use more bass and guitar to help build the drumming to an even bigger climax. But, it's nice as it is also. And I don't really know a way to do that..

I give it a solid 9 out of 10.

Would you care to crit my new song here?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1193012
You obviously know how to operate guitar pro very well. The drums are perfect and fit perfectly with such an unusual guitar and bass line. It is certainly very catchy and groovy. I wasn't too sure about bars 34 to 36 because they were out of key but I understand that is the purpose of such a unique track.

Amazingly simple yet strangely complex and for some reason I found it perplexing... The first song that's had a psychological effect on me in a long time.

Also, the ending for the guitar part was genius. A good 9/10

Critique mine please? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1193566
Definitely a great song, reminded me a lot of Liquid Tension Experiment without the keys. Loved the bass line and the drum part was just amazing, guitar went quite well with them both. 9/10.
The bass intro was interesting, but not nice. The Guitar added a lot. Theme 2 was the same, but the guitar at the end was annoying. Theme 3 was the best. Theme 4 was pretty nice. The break was good. Drum solo was nice. Like Icronic said, though, it sounds like a lesson. Reminded me of Dream Theatre, which IMO is bad. 3/10 for melody, 9/10 for structure.