I was told by a friend that you can mod these mini marshall amps into mics. I know very little about wiring but I was just curious if this was possible/ if any one else has tried it.
ask him what he means, then..

because ...I really don't imagine that being possible..

edit: replace 'possible' with ..'worthwhile'
Last edited by james4 at Aug 31, 2009,
To turn an amplifier into a microphone, first you need a microphone.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
I thought any amp could be turned into a mic by changing the polarity or some ****. I've also heard of headphones being changed into mics.
Microphones work, quite basically, by converting physical energy (i.e. movement/sound waves) into electrical energy.

It is my understanding that because you won't be moving anything on the amp/headphones with your voice, you can't have a microphone.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
It seems very unlikely to me that a speaker can be used as a microphone. A microphone is simply a different thing than a speaker. Even if it does, you'll most likely get a pretty horrible sound out of it.
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
All speakers can be used as a microphone. If you don't believe me, take a pair of headphones, plug them into the speaker jack of your computer and then record yourself talking into them.
Quote by XgamerGt04
All speakers can be used as a microphone. If you don't believe me, take a pair of headphones, plug them into the speaker jack of your computer and then record yourself talking into them.

Did not work...
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
I just googled it and got a fairly complete answer take out the speaker and use a wire to put it into the mic jac of some recording equipment

http://www.zyra.org.uk/sp-mic.htm
Quote by Dr. House
Nice vibe you just put out there. Its like daddy just hit mommy at the dinner table and we all still want to eat.
Quote by Albino_Rhino
Did not work...

You'll need to have the sensitivity of the program up pretty high. You'll be loading a very low impedance "microphone" with a very high impedance load. This can cause problems with the volume.

I've never had any problem with using any speaker as a microphone. A larger speaker with a heavier voice coil will also require more "force" to cause it to vibrate.
yeah at school we had a kareoke function on the keyboards...seeming we had no mics, we used to plug in the headphones and they worked
a speaker can be used as a mic
a mic can be used as a speaker.

using a speaker as a mic sounds like shit.
using a mic as a speaker sounds like shit. (and is likely to destroy the mic)

/thread.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.