I STILL have problems with my feedback.

Guitar with mini humbuckers >bad monkey>artec true bypass noise gate>rg50tc with a delay in the EFX loop.

50 watts tube, master volume on about 5-6, channel volume on about 6 and gain set on around 4, EQ is all fairly middle ground, slightly boosted bass.

Usually I'll be standing no more than 3-4 ft from my amp, but if I walk across the opposite side of the room, I still get feedback. If I turn the volume completely down on the guitar, still get feedback. Mute all the strings, still get feedback. Power tubes have just been replaced.

Also, my amp on about half volume is around the same volume as the other guitarist's 75 watt solid state amp on the same volume setting, surely something is amiss there?

So my next thought is wax potting the humbuckers? Or shielding the cavities?
yeah id put my guess on the pre amp tubes man. what kind of a feed back is it? like a high pitched? or like when you have distortion all the way up and it just sustaines that kind of feedback?
Quote by Mayonaise 812
yeah id put my guess on the pre amp tubes man. what kind of a feed back is it? like a high pitched? or like when you have distortion all the way up and it just sustaines that kind of feedback?

High pitched feedback. Nothing came up with the pre amp tube with the pencil test.