hey im a beginning guitarist (about 1 month). im 14 yrs old and ive had my guitar a few years but never bagan to play it. im trying to learn "The Unforgiven" by Metallica and in the solo it calls for me to hit the 23 fret which i don't have. Will someone please explain to me whats going on?!?!? Also as a beginner i would like to hear the names of some easy and fun songs to learn. (PS im a Metallica fanatic). Thanks, rock out guys!
No, you guitar hasnt been built with a 23rd fret. You can get electric guitars with 22 frets, 24 frets... As any frets you like.
Gear!
Jackson RR3 with EMGs!
B.C. Rich KKV
Yamaha F-310 Acoustic

Digitech Bad Monkey.

Peavey Valveking 112
what guitar are you using?
if you have a fender or gibson or anything like that, chances are you only have 21 or 22 frets

they arent missing, they just werent built into the neck in the first place

just bend it REALLY high
some guitars are made with 24 frets or even 27 in the case of some its just preference on what you get the most common is 22 frets tho such as on Gibsons and fenders
pro tools operator certified
agile in-ceptor 727
gibson:les-paul studio
fender:strat
ibanez:prestiege s2170se s520ex
esp:ec-1000vb
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex

Quote by Punkismygod
U sure u want a floydrose? those things will make your nerves explode
You probably have 20, 21, or 22 frets. No big deal, the tone of those notes that high sound horrid anyways. Try pressing down on the very end of the neck, beyond the last fret.
haha, some guitars dont have as many frets as others, thats all.
Member #19 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club."

Quote by chaoticmayhem
Toads are cool; it's those frog bastards that I don't like.

Whats your philosophy on life?
its so good to be back!
thanks for the quick help everybody! im not sure what guitar i have its kinda crappy,(made in china) and it on the head theres a signiture ( Jay Tarsen?). i got it off ebay for $50 lol
any nirvana song, they are really fun too. I'd say White Lace and Strange is a sweet easy tune to learn.
GEAR

Guitars
Danelectro Double Cutaway 1959 reissue, Jay Turser Vintage Series Strat

Pedals
Danelectro Reel Echo, Crybaby Wah, Boss DS-1

Amplifiers
Orange Crush 30w
Fender Pro Junior
thnx is the unforgiven solo really hard? cuz i learned everything up to it. also this is prob a dumb question but for a tab like this:||------------------------------------------||4x
||--0-------0-------0-------0-------1-------||
||.---2-------2-------2-------2-------2----.||
||.-----2-------2-------2-------2-------2--.||
||--0---------------------------------------||
||------------------------------------------||

how do u hit both of the open notes in the beginning at the same time? do u pluck it or somethin?
my 22 is barely a fret lol its like 2 cm big

(no thats what she said jokes plz lmao)