Poll: Should they stop making pennies?
Poll Options
View poll results: Should they stop making pennies?
HELL YES
314 51%
yeah I guess....
249 40%
not really....
255 41%
FVCK THAT
239 39%
I don't think very much
188 30%
random youtube video
207 34%
This pedantic matter is of frivolous importance to my time consuming lifestyle
245 40%
random youtube video
211 34%
Voters: 617.
Page 1 of 6
Just thought about this, they can't be of much worth since it's costing more money to make them than what they're actually worth. Nickels, too, but I don't see that happening yet...

Besides, it would make change much easier, everything rounded up .05 wouldn't change very much other than destroy the enticing $0.99 deals.
I think you should, then introduce the metric system you backwards cavemen!
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Then what happens to billions of pennies in peoples possession (spelling?)?
Quote by axethrower13
But you only die once, so you may as well experience it to the fullest.

Quote by ozzyismetal
Get her a goat. Bitches love goats.

Quote by Weaponxclaws
Plus, naturally I scream satanic rituals while unleashing the demon. It's a marvelous resurrection.
Quote by Kensai
introduce the metric system you backwards cavemen!

D'y'know, Amurrcans (as opposed to Americans) actually get offended by the metric system?

They should either quit making them or find a cheaper way to do it. There's enough pennies in everybody's Mason jars to keep the system flowing for a while.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by Kensai
I think you should, then introduce the metric system you backwards cavemen!

We do need to do that, it screws up so much stuff
Quote by axethrower13
But you only die once, so you may as well experience it to the fullest.

Quote by ozzyismetal
Get her a goat. Bitches love goats.

Quote by Weaponxclaws
Plus, naturally I scream satanic rituals while unleashing the demon. It's a marvelous resurrection.
they make it 99p so the people at the tills cant pocket a easy £1 and other reasons
so think howmuch your saving there?
Without music, life would be a mistake.
Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote by noob888
I love you for that thread...

Quote by MightyAl
I am now mentally scarred by the image of Peter Crouch getting penalised.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PENNIES ARE OUR FRIENDS!!!!!

but yeah, no we shouldn't.
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536
RazorTheAwesome, if I was a Ditto, I'd transform into YOU

Quote by Kensai
Basically god wanted to punish people for getting educated/eating apples.

Quote by Jackal58
We all desire a little pussy.
I think pennies take up valuable space in my wallet, yet I can't use them, and it vexes me.

I voted yes. Things would be simpler. instead of 99p shops, it would just be a pound shop. Much simpler.
An Augmented 4th or a Diminished 5th?

Quote by I.O.T.M
You, fine sir, have impeccable taste.

Ahhhh Yuck Fou.
You can send me your pennies, I like to fill up my bathtub with them and spend hours on end covering myself with them, letting them form to my body...
Then what would I throw at the TV????
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by BassmasterGreg
No we shouldn't. Why try and fix something that dosn't need fixing?

lol wat

Quote by Its So Easy
Then what happens to billions of pennies in peoples possession (spelling?)?

They become obsolete. Do you really have that many pennies sitting around waiting to buy something with?
Is everyone else voting for all of them?

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

NO
i store them up and buy **** with it, usual slushies or dollar menu ****
Quote by ATREYUFAN4LIFE

lol wowow you guys dont know good music then... get out of your deth metal and screamo ruts and listen to something that has emotion in the music...

Call me Mike, all my friends do.
Quote by ryand111
they make it 99p so the people at the tills cant pocket a easy £1 and other reasons
so think howmuch your saving there?

That makes almost no sense at all. Who is "they" ? I'm pretty sure the shops decide how much they want to sell something at for themselves. By your logic, we should be selling things in round pound numbers because it would make a bit of an impact on the economy.

The whole point in things being £X.99 is because it makes it more attractive to the buyer.

Edit: Also, about 5 years ago my dad had started storing up pennies from work in a giant novelty coca-cola bottle, and about two years ago at Christmas he didn't know what to get us, so he decided he'd just give us the money thinking there'd be about £3/400 in there to share between us. So we opened it up and started counting.

When we got about £100 in, we realised there was loads of other change in the bottle. 50p's, pounds, 2 quids. We kept on counting and counting into the day, with smiles growing more and more on our faces as the number got bigger.

We ended up at around 2 to 3 grand. Can't remember the exact number. Obviously we were astonished and couldn't take all the money, so he gave us £150 each and put the rest towards his extension on the house.

That was an awesome Christmas
Quote by WtrPlyr
Quote by alans056
Maybe the price tag is clouding your judgment ?
yeah probably. Or the circuits.
Last edited by PussyPunk182 at Aug 31, 2009,
the Canadian government has deliberated discontinuing the penny.

I think it's a great idea. The average person doesn't care about a penny, and if they dropped one won't be bothered to pick it up. The price of all items would simply be rounded to the nearest $0.05 (it's already rounded to the nearest $0.01)

I think what we gain (though small) is better than what we lose.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Quote by Doodleface
the Canadian government has deliberated discontinuing the penny.

I think it's a great idea. The average person doesn't care about a penny, and if they dropped one won't be bothered to pick it up. The price of all items would simply be rounded to the nearest $0.05 (it's already rounded to the nearest $0.01)

I think what we gain (though small) is better than what we lose.

Exactly, I HATE Gregg's charging 56p per sausage roll, why couldn't they leave it at 55p?
I personally think we should since it costs more to make then its worth, I cant recal once in my life where I needed just that ONE penny more...Just my two cents....lol cwutididthar
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Quote by RinestoneCowboy
They become obsolete. Do you really have that many pennies sitting around waiting to buy something with?

True, I have loads of pennies, but I might have about $8 total. I don't use them, and if I brought them all to buy something, I don't think the store would accept them.

I don't think I've actually ever used a penny, just received them, come to think of it.
Quote by Miniskirt
True, I have loads of pennies, but I might have about $8 total. I don't use them, and if I brought them all to buy something, I don't think the store would accept them.

I don't think I've actually ever used a penny, just received them, come to think of it.

I deliberately bought a £12 jumper with 5p's
With people saying things like "they cost more to make than they are worth" I wonder if anyone realizes it doesnt cost $50 to make a $50 bill, and so on with any bill. So the fact that it costs more to make pennies gets balanced out by the cheapness of other currency.
Self proclaimed prophets are great people...
no, inflation would rise very quickly if you take out a monetary value.
Quote by BassmasterGreg
I see nothing wrong with pennies. So in my opnion they don't need to be change.

They are a waste of money and their relevance has fast vanished. If they were discontinued, not only would it save money, it would make life easier.
I think they should just make them out of something else...seems like it would save a lot of trouble.
Nope, no sig here.
Quote by BassmasterGreg
No we shouldn't. Why try and fix something that dosn't need fixing?

Unlike your spelling skills : /
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
yeah was weird cause she liked us both but she loved him and for some reason she let me know beforehand.

i just wanted her poon and she wanted me to have her poon.

so i had myself some poon.
Then what about major businesses who buy things in bulk? Buying a million crates of CD's for .91 cents a pack is gonna be a lot cheaper than the same for .95 cents. $40,000 cheaper in fact.

I dunno, just something I thought of. I'm probably wrong
maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B Areceive bacon

Gamertag: Seanslaught
PSN: BeastlyBassist
Steam: Beastly396
Quote by LukeElliff
I deliberately bought a £12 jumper with 5p's

Really? My friend bought something for $20 in crack change and the lady told him that he was a bad person, and that they "won't accept more than $15 in change next time".
Quote by Patrick L
Wouldn't it be hard to get your exact change back?

You are fabulous.

Quote by adeliq
With people saying things like "they cost more to make than they are worth" I wonder if anyone realizes it doesnt cost $50 to make a $50 bill, and so on with any bill. So the fact that it costs more to make pennies gets balanced out by the cheapness of other currency.

Why would you waste an opportunity to get rid of an expense and an obsolete idea?