Really.

Let's say hypothetically speaking someday I wanted to go custom shop BC Rich. I know it mostly depends on what I want but how much does someone usually go into that with?
-----
Currently using:
B.C. Rich NJ Deluxe Jr. V
B.C. Rich Revenge Warlock
Bugera 6262 212 120 Watt amp :

Coming soon:
B.C. Rich Pro X Mockingbird Hardtail
Honestly, to go custom shop you really shouldn't have to worry about the price...

The old saying, "If you have to ask, you can't afford it"

2001 Ernie Ball Music Man Axis Super Sport
2001 MIM Standard Strat
Peavey Classic 30 112 Combo.
My Gear
Quote by blue_strat
Take their most expensive production model and add a bit.

They're most expensive production model is 999.99 USD

So I would need a little over 1000$ hypothetically?
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
I don't know, customs are at the very least $1500 for most companies, maybe BC Rich is cheaper, but thats the lowest I've ever heard of.
Breaking stereotypes by playing indie on a metal guitar.

Current Gear
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Plus Top)
- Crappy Strat Copy (Redecorated, looks snazzy)
- Ibanez Acoustic/Electric Guitar
- Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
Quote by ibanezgod1973
try between $2000 and $5000

That sounds more believable lol.
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
Man, you have the worst GAS ever.
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
Quote by jonmo1
Honestly, to go custom shop you really shouldn't have to worry about the price...

What this guy said. Because it's true.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
Quote by no.mop
Man, you have the worst GAS ever.

HEY NOW!

It's not GAS....

lol seriously though I was just wondering. I don't plan on doing this anywhere NEAR the near future. It was just something that just popped in my head right now so I figured a little knowledge wouldn't hurt lol.

Like I told you before. I have my goals set already lol.
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
Well to make sure you can get anything you want I'd say upwards of $3000

Ibanez K5
Warwick Rockbass Vampyre 4

Line 6 Bass Pod XT Live
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Ve played afew usa bc richs and their awesome, half the people on here have never tried one.

When my mate bought his it cost him around $2000 but his was pretty basic mockingbird FR with locking tuners, lead boost and EMGs plus it was white so actually looked fairly cool.

This was afew years ago mind like when mick thompson played em. Sadly prices are higher, hope this kinda helped atleast
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Custom Fender Highway Tele Daphne Blue
Parker Nitefly M
Squier Classic Vibes Strat W/BKPs
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs
Fender's Custom Shop will make you any Strat or Tele from £1800 onwards, depending on the exact features you want, and if you specify you want it to be a team build or if you want one particular luthier to make it all.
On the other hand, ESP's Custom Shop starts at £3200 for a basic super-Strat and you get a much less personal service.
Then you can get private lutheirs who will make you a one of a kind LP copy with the finest woods on the planet that is made to be as perfect for you as physically possible for £1400.
Or, so long as you're happy with bolt-on necks, you could make nearly any guitar you want from Warmoth for about the same price as a MIA Fender.

It really depends so much on the company you're looking into.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Id guess around the same price as the Kerry King handcrafted V.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by jonmo1

This.
Depends, do you want a ESP, BC Rich, Carvin, Suhr?

ESP and BC rich will cost you your left nut. Carvin is quite cheap, I can get a custom shop TL60 for around $2500 AUD. Suhr I have no idea on prices but as it is quite small probably about the same as carvin.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
I have gotten several custom shop quotes on a "be all -end all" 7 string beast of my design. I am lucky because I have a good friend who owns a music store and he is a ESP/LTD, BC Rich, Jackson Dealer and he humors me with my custom shop quote requests. On equally Prepared guitars of different brands, the prices were as follows;
ESP Custom Horizon 7- $6,879.00 90 day turn around!
Jackson Custom Shop Dinky 7- $5,355.00 9week to 13 months turn around.
BC Rich Custom Shop ASM 7- $6,130.00 up to one year turn around.
Keep in mind, I went all out on the everything about my design and the price certainly reflects it.
*edit* oh, and Carvin DC 747- $1688.00
7 string Legion 7 > 6 Do mosh pits warm your heart? Then become a SECOND RATE CITIZEN.....better than the worst!
Last edited by miketheslut at Aug 31, 2009,
go to a private luthier or a small company that has a great reputation instead of a "well known brand".

the well known the brand = much more expensive
A not so well known brand/luthier with a good rep = cheaper and they might have better quality
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
I've submitted a custom order to ESP in the past (just filled out the form but never went through with the order), and I believe their quote was in the $3500-$4500 range. This was about 10 years ago, and the custom guitar had all the bells and whistles.

For a custom B.C. Rich, I would guess you'd be looking at a minimum of $2500-$3000 unless you got the low line bolt-on series. Keep in mind that B.C. Rich no longer makes their custom shop models in the USA, so you'd be paying thousands for a Mexico hand made guitar - not sure if that would be a factor.

I almost pulled the trigger on a custom B.C. Rich Warlock I saw on eBay a couple months ago. It looked just like this:

My issue with it was the short 24 5/8" scale length. I did a lot of reading and concluded that 25.5" is a more ideal scale length for my type of playing, but still partially regret not picking that baby up. It ended up selling to someone for $2000!! (It was listed for $3300 and the seller had personally offered it to me for $2800).

Keep in mind that if you place a custom order directly through B.C. Rich, your negotiating potential goes down significantly - I believe you would pretty much pay full price, and you'd wait the full amount of time (usually 1 year through B.C. if I'm not mistaken). The guitar pictured above retails for $6300, so you could potentially pay up to that amount for their "Supreme" top of the line model just the way you wanted it.
You might be better off going to a luthier.

It'd probably be cheaper and it's a person, not a company so probably easier to deal with.

I suppose in that vein, if you know how to build that could be the cheapest and easiest to get exactly what you want. But I guess that if you could build you wouldn't even think about going to a custom shop.
Quote by JAustinMunn
Are you prepared to take out a second mortgage?

lol
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon: