On Friday night we were supposed to play a gig that we were gonna get paid for and on Saturday night we were to play a festival for a good friend of ours for free.Our drummer called me at work Friday morning and said all of our mike cords were missing (we put on a big festival last weekend) so we would have to cancel the gig on Friday,but we weren't using our PA on Saturday so we could play.I said fine with me and told him to let the other guys know. He called me back minutes later and said our lead guitar player/lead singer freaked out and quit. He said he was feeling burned out and we should hang it up. I have always been the peace maker in this group. we have all been good friends for 20 years. I'm getting kind of sick of this **** but I don't want to give up our band is starting to get a good following.what should I do?
Luna Andromeda dragon bass
Schecter Omen Extreme
Fender strat
Fender Labrea electic/acoustic
Peavey tour 450
Peavey tour 410/115
Galien-kruger Backline 600
Black Heart BH15h
Gibson Les Paul gold top (Knock off)
Get another guitar/singer
Sorryz for me bad engrish.

Quote by OnlyIbanez12
I just cut myself shaving my pubes...
Lost cords are not usually a good enough reason to cancel a gig, let alone quit a band.

It's more likely that the bassist and guitarist have been wanting to leave for a long time and were literally looking for "any" excuse they could find. Quitting when gigs are booked however is extremely poor form as it can affect your personal reputation with future bands.

It sounds like the whole situation was foreseeable to a point - you say you're getting sick of this stuff. Well you're in luck buddy - the band is about to break up.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
dude i'm really sorry to hear that :Sad: really sucks bro. keep at it, maybe you'll find someone to replace him someday soon
Not to be harsh, but dude, you're over 40, and some missing mic chords bring your band down? WTF? Get some more. If this is a joke, good one. If not, from one old dude to another, get it together, man. You're not 16.
Quote by roaddawg07
On Friday night we were supposed to play a gig that we were gonna get paid for and on Saturday night we were to play a festival for a good friend of ours for free.Our drummer called me at work Friday morning and said all of our mike cords were missing (we put on a big festival last weekend) so we would have to cancel the gig on Friday,but we weren't using our PA on Saturday so we could play.I said fine with me and told him to let the other guys know. He called me back minutes later and said our lead guitar player/lead singer freaked out and quit. He said he was feeling burned out and we should hang it up. I have always been the peace maker in this group. we have all been good friends for 20 years. I'm getting kind of sick of this **** but I don't want to give up our band is starting to get a good following.what should I do?

I assume this isn't actually about mic leads? The guy must have been feeling rough about the band for a while to snap other something that petty.

Either way, tell him no matter how he feels, he has to honour his commitments - at least the next few gigs you've got booked. If he had a problem with the band, he should have brought it up earlier instead of walking out when you're still booking gigs.
go down the pub and talk it over - you must know each other pretty well if you've been together for 20 yrs. so just saying you're going to hang out down the local pub should be fine. Chat about it - see why he actually quit - it won't be over mic leads that's pretty cert. Forget this gig for now and concentrate on getting back on as friends with everyone. Persuade them to play the gig on saturday as a last one and then maybe take a break for a while, 3 months off and they might all be less frustrated and you can come back refreshed and get shows running again.
The only 6 words that can make you a better guitarist:

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more