I've been looking around and it seems that the cost of a multieffects pedal makes more fiscal sense than just buying a single pedal that focuses on one effect. What are the advantages of having a single pedal with one effect? The cost of a multieffects pedal isn't much more than a single from what i've seen. What are your experiences?
i use a multi-effect pedal i love it, to the secomd post+1 but you can still get a lot of control on the good multi-effect pedals
My Gear
Guitars
Esp Ltd EC100QM
Esp Ltd EC1000 Deluxe

Amps
Randall RG100G3
Randall 2x12 Extension Cab

Effects
Zoom 9.2tt
Last edited by xBENNYx at Aug 31, 2009,
hmm this again

multi effects pedals do lots of effects at mediocre quality
single effects pedals do one effect well
Peavey JSX 120 Half Stack
Mockingbird Evil Edge SE
Mockingbird Special(White)

Set sail to sea but pulled off course by the light of golden treasure --Hetfield, the Unforgiven Pirate

So I dub Thee Unforgiven Three! -How it should have been
With some exceptions, better sound fidelity, and much more specific control over the circuit.

That being said, multifx are amazing for anyone playing live who needs to use lots of effects, or for a guitarist who only uses a certain effect every once in a while (eg, you kind of dig chorus, kind of dig tremolo, but you only use them once a month or so, would make it best to get a multifx.

There are exceptions to this though.. most of the Line 6 Multifx pedals are pure class.
There's no comparing here, if you got the budget buy single effects and build up your pedal board, there is no multi effect in the world that can give you that quality
I actually build my own pedal. So in that way, I can have crappy AND individual pedal.
Sorryz for me bad engrish.

Quote by OnlyIbanez12
I just cut myself shaving my pubes...
if you're just starting out with effects-just buy single pedals when you need them-that way you learn about each effect as you go along-instead of having them all dumped on you at once-then you just end up using default settings.

Just a suggestion
Quote by SLonergan
I think the Raw Power guitars look like badly painted Easter Eggs.

Peter Green Jimi Hendrix Tom Morello Joe Bonamassa John Frusciante Eric Clapton Paul Gilbert B.B. King
[QUOTE
______
Guaranteed to turn you into a shivering mess:
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=cxWWOs5Y2Cg

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORING!

Originally Posted by anonymus
I voted "evolutionism", though. Cuz you know... it's sciencey.

Originally Posted by anonymus
We were all created by God...
As Monkeys...
Then evolved.
End Debate.
^^

uhh i fail to see the reference here.....
good guitar playing, but posted in the wrong thread perhaps? off topic?
Peavey JSX 120 Half Stack
Mockingbird Evil Edge SE
Mockingbird Special(White)

Set sail to sea but pulled off course by the light of golden treasure --Hetfield, the Unforgiven Pirate

So I dub Thee Unforgiven Three! -How it should have been
Quote by thedekker
hmm this again

Cheap multi effects pedals do lots of effects at mediocre quality
Good (wich often means expensive) single effects pedals do one effect well

Fix'd
i use a combination of both.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Ok. I think i would either get reverb, compression, or delay first. I was told the that combination is heavily used in neoclassic metal. Now i play a bunch of different styles so those effects could be used for more than one style.