Hey guys
Since I was getting a little bored with my RG, I decided to spice it up a bit!
I put in a pair of pink dimarzio breeds and some new knobs and pickguard
Tell me what you think!

Before:

After:

With the gear:

Hagstrom Viking, Peavey XXX Super 40, Marshall 1960a Cab
I love it! It's so deliciously neon.

Make that ibanez logo some shade of day-glo and your set lmao.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Very interesting.....overall I'm a fan of it. It's tacky, but that's 80's for ya. nice work
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard | Gibson SG | Casio PG 380 | Dave Mustaine VMNT | Digitech Whammy | Carvin Legacy head |
Carvin V3 combo | MXR Custom Badass Overdrive | Dunlop Jerry Cantrell Wah | Rocktron Banshee | Ibanez PG Flanger
I actually bought an RG220 just to do something similar. I did a green/black/white swirl paintjob. I just ordered a pink Dimarzio Evolution, and a pink Dimarzio PAF Pro. I'll probably be putting a green mirrored pickguard on it. I scalloped the frets from 12 up.

One question though...
Where did you get those knobs? I've been looking for colored strat-style knobs for a while, and don't feel like painting any.
I actually got them through www.allparts.com but they were not correctly sized for the Ibanez so I had to widen the holes a bit with a dremel. To make sure they didn't slip around, I actually just used some hockey tape on the inside (how canadian is that?).

Although perhaps maybe you could order some through dimarzio? I have heard they make matching knobs, but for some reason I never investigated that so I can't say for sure.

..if that's any help?
All I gotta say is....

lol..
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
DUDE! whered you get that green strap...ive been looking for one forever!
Douglas Spad with EMG 81x's
Epiphone LP jr. with EMG 89 split coil, alot of upgrades
Rig:
Power conditioner, Hush, ART Quadra/FX Reverb (all 3 in a rack), Peavey XXX, 2 Mesa 4x12 cabs.
haha thanks guys

The breed bridge sounds nice and beefy to really fill out the guitar's sound, while the neck can really pump out the screaming highs, which is exactly what I was hoping for. I also found that they sound great with the single coil too, which is something I didn't really anticipate. Overall, I must say I'm very pleased with them.

Oh and the green strap just came off the rack of my local long and mcquade
I'm trying to do this with my RG550, black is so...bland.

My Rig ;D
Ibanez RG550XX 20th Anniversary
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Crate V50-112 (Modded)
Roland Micro Cube
Lovepedal Purple Plexi 800
Lovepedal Pickle Vibe
Ibanez TS-9
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby
Quote by sk8freakrt
DUDE! whered you get that green strap...ive been looking for one forever!

You can get Dimarzio Cliplock straps in lots of colours.
This guitar gets my seal of approval! Looks great. Someday, I'm gonna get an old RG550 and make it into an JEM777LNG clone, if I can find some paint that matches.
That is AWESOME!! Well done man you've inspired me to do something like that to my guitar nice!