I'm still a bit confused with all this Ohms and Watts shiz. I'm tryin to find a good set up to get. Right now I'm pretty set on getting the Carvin BX600, unless someone thinks I can find something better for that price, $399.00.

But I'm still confused at what Cab to get. I'm lookin to get a 15, then eventually get a 2x10 cab to add to that. When I look at Cabs, I keep seeing something like 400w @ 8ohms, or 400w @ 4ohms. Since this Head I'm lookin at runs 225w @ 8ohms and 400w @ 4ohms, would I be better off getting one that runs 400w @ 4ohms over the one that runs 400w @ 8ohms? Right now I'm leaning towards just matchin up the BX600 with a Carvin BR 115N4.

Any help and opinions will be much appreciated cuz I really wanna get a new setup by my next show.

PS. Sorry for all these stupid threads I keep making, but thanks a lot for the help.
Guitars
· Ibanez PF · Washburn WG-248 · Ibanez S520Ex
· Ibanez BTB455
· Schecter Studio 5
Amp & Accessories
· Peavey Valveking 212
· Carvin BX1200
· · TraceElliot 1028H
· · Custom 1x15 Eminence

· · Carvin BRX4.10
If you're gonna get two cabs eventually, I'd say go for an 8 Ohm cab. Two 8 ohm cabs = same impedance as one 4 ohm cab. Two 4 ohms = one 2 ohm. Get it?
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410
Wouldn't I want two 4 Ohms cabs then? Since this Head can run 600w @ 2ohms?
Guitars
· Ibanez BTB455
· Schecter Studio 5
Amp & Accessories
· Peavey Valveking 212
· Carvin BX1200
· · TraceElliot 1028H
· · Custom 1x15 Eminence

· · Carvin BRX4.10
Quote by Phry

Yeah. I think. I'm not 100% sure. I'm half asleep.
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410
Quote by Phry

For the most part, yes. In order to get the full 600w, you'd have to run it at 2ohms. And two 4ohm cabs in parallel will give you that 2ohm load.
However, to get the most sound out of the rig, you'd want to use as many speakers as possible. So, four 8ohm cabs in parallel will still get you the 2ohm load, but will add a lot more speaker area. Basically, 600w into twice as many speakers (depending of course).
Quote by OtamotPuhctek
For the most part, yes. In order to get the full 600w, you'd have to run it at 2ohms. And two 4ohm cabs in parallel will give you that 2ohm load.

Basically.
I'm pretty sure 1x15 and a 2x10 at 600w will be enough for practically any shows you still have.

Plus, sometimes you will have smaller gigs, so you might just take the 2x10. Taking the 4ohm 2x10 will be louder than take a 8ohm 2x10.
While it's true that four cabs run at 8 ohms each for a total of 8 ohms will be a little bit louder, that is so incredibly impractical that I recommend going with a 4 ohm cab. Then you'll get 400 watts out of it right away, and then you can still add on a second cab which will get you your full wattage while still keeping it at only 2 cabinets and a manageable rig. However, the flip side of that coin is, most amps run at a minimum of 4 ohms so you're kind of constricting yourself if you ever want to get rid of the amp, but keep the speakers. Just something else to think about.
+ Phry

What bass amp have you used before?
Do you really know how loud a 15in is a 400w?

Without having ever played with a band with a 400w through a 15in, you might now realize just how LOUD it would be.
I play through an Ampeg BA115 right now. Well, if it's loud can you can always turn it down right? Haha. I need it loud anyways since everyone else is running Half Stacks.

But I think I'll end up going with a 15 first, then gettin a 2x10 later at 4 ohms for each cab.
Guitars
· Ibanez BTB455
· Schecter Studio 5
Amp & Accessories
· Peavey Valveking 212
· Carvin BX1200
· · TraceElliot 1028H
· · Custom 1x15 Eminence

· · Carvin BRX4.10
What I'm saying is that since you've never used a 300w, you might not really understand how loud that is. The BA115 will not come close to how loud it would be.
Yes you can always turn it down, but you might not even need to get a 2x10 after you see how loud the 15 is by it's self.

Lot of venues have PA for you to mic up too, making the 400w useless.

I say just get the BX600 and the 15 in 4 ohm. You will make a good choice. And you can always get the 2x10.
That sounds like a great setup to me. the traditional 1x15 and 4x10 setup ends up with the 10's being louder because there's so much more surface area in a 4x10 than a 1x15. i think a 2x10 would be a better balance. Hope you love the setup as much as i think you will.

EDIT: forgot. i'd definitely go with the 4 ohms. some amps don't go down to 2 ohms but it's becoming more and more common so later on if you get a different amp it'll probably be pretty well gauranteed to go to 2 ohms safely.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu