Please help, I am completely stuck on the verse guitar part for sleep now in the fire, nothing on the internet agrees with each other or my head-my head doesnt even agree with itself, I'm hearing different notes all the time: E, G, A are the most popularin my head.

I seriously need help here-anyone got a real and accurate idea of what tom plays in the middle?

P.S: I found this video dead useful for working out the rest of it-but I cant work out the middle from it, but it should help you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoAX4mK27Tw&feature=PlayList&p=8EC8DAA5046145D1&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=4
Quote by SLonergan
I think the Raw Power guitars look like badly painted Easter Eggs.

Peter Green Jimi Hendrix Tom Morello Joe Bonamassa John Frusciante Eric Clapton Paul Gilbert B.B. King
1. You need a whammy pedal
2. Set it 1 octave up.
3. 17th fret, low E, hold that for the whole verse, inbetween Zack's rapping pick it and do a a quick down-up with the whammy pedal for that short do-DO-do note.

Thats how iI play it and I'm pretty sure that's the way Tom plays it.
Mah Gear:
Ibanez RGR420EX
Peavey 6505+ 112 Combo
Yamaha F-310
Kustom Arrow 16DFX
Last edited by RDX1138 at Aug 31, 2009,
In tab it ought to look like this:

Chorus:

x3
e|-----------------------------------|-------------------------------------------|
B|-----------------------------------|-------------------------------------------|
G|-----------------5b---------------|--------5--7b--7b--7b--5--------------|
D|--0--7-7--5-7--------7---------|----7--------------------------7-5-7----|
A|--0--0-0--0-0--------0---------|-------------------------------------------|
E|-----------------------------------|-------------------------------------------|

Verse:

x7
e|-------------------------------|
B|-------------------------------|
G|----------------------17------|
D|-------------------------------|
A|--15--------------------------|
E|-------------------------------|

He sounds like he just holds this note during Zack's lyrics for the verse (it kinda hums ya know) He might have a harmonizer turned on too.

Hope this helps some, I love this song!

For future Rage Tabs, you can get pretty decent ones here http://ratm.net/tablature.html
Last edited by Quinlan at Aug 31, 2009,
Quote by RDX1138
1. You need a whammy pedal
2. Set it 1 octave up.
3. 17th fret, low E, hold that for the whole verse, inbetween Zack's rapping pick it and do a a quick down-up with the whammy pedal for that short do-DO-do note.

Thats how iI play it and I'm pretty sure that's the way Tom plays it.

Alternatively you can play the same thing 1 octave up without a whammy pedal. It sounds close, but not the same. I used to do a similar thing using a wah/one octave up to play the "Killing in the Name of" solo in a cover band once upon a time.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
its ok, I have a Whammy I'll try that-thanks.
Quote by SLonergan
I think the Raw Power guitars look like badly painted Easter Eggs.

Peter Green Jimi Hendrix Tom Morello Joe Bonamassa John Frusciante Eric Clapton Paul Gilbert B.B. King