I know this seems like a stupid question but there it goes: When people say put the wah before the fuzz does it means guitar, wah, fuzz, amp or amp, wah, fuzz, guitar? Because since last month I got a couple of pedals and now I'm getting confused. People told me wah before fuzz but for me it just doesn't work unless i put it after. People told me overdrive after distortion but then I just get a muddy, dark sound. If I put it before then the sound is practicaly the same but with more sustain. So right now it would go guitar, overdrive, distortion/fuzz, wah, amp. Is it what people recommend when they say wah before fuzz and overdrive after distortion or is it the complete opposite?

Damn this is confusing...
Guitar, Wah, Fuzz, Amp.

This is what most would advise.

A wah after the distortion, however, sounds more defined, and 'quacky', your pedal order is up to you though, whatever sounds good to you is fine.
Last edited by greenwoodfan93 at Aug 31, 2009,
Always put the wah after any other pedals on your board...i.e. closest to the amp. Especially if you have distortion/overdrive pedals going through aswel. Although after much trying, the only fuzz pedal I found that doesnt give a horrible tone with a wah is the big muff. If I was you, Id get a complete multi FX pedal. It works much better
Hmm no thanks for the MultiFX...it doesn't work better. Anyway for the wah the FoxRox Retrofit is on his way to my house so I can use my wah with my fuzz.
Quote by SkepsisMetal
Always put the wah after any other pedals on your board...i.e. closest to the amp. Especially if you have distortion/overdrive pedals going through aswel. Although after much trying, the only fuzz pedal I found that doesnt give a horrible tone with a wah is the big muff. If I was you, Id get a complete multi FX pedal. It works much better

Wooh, what? That certainly isn't the norm, generally the wah is the first thing, (guitar then wah then whatever else).
Quote by SkepsisMetal

Really the only way a MultiFX pedal is better is if you don't want to spend thousands of dollars on good seperate FX pedals. Other than that, all you have is a pretty simple sample of each type of effect. You don't get all the different tones/settings you can get with a single pedal.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Quote by Koshman32
Really the only way a MultiFX pedal is better is if you don't want to spend thousands of dollars on good seperate FX pedals. Other than that, all you have is a pretty simple sample of each type of effect. You don't get all the different tones/settings you can get with a single pedal.

Not if you spend over what you can find in your back pocket. With any decent Multi FX you can customise just about every detail. Sure, the huge pedal boards are better for the classic tones and sounds from the 80s and 90s, the Multis do sound more modern and a bit digital...but thats just because they are digital. Its all down to preference though
do what ever sounds best to you, I have 2 wahs in my chain, one in the front and one near the end, same wah but toatly diffrent sound because of the placement, and just do what sounds best with the od and dist. try adjusting the tone nob and make it really bright
amps
Vox Ac 30 (main)
Fender Supersonic with Krank Krankenstien 4x12
OR 50 with 4 x 12
Gassing for ibanes airplane flanger
Quote by SkepsisMetal
Sure, the huge pedal boards are better for the classic tones and sounds from the 80s and 90s

Clearly you've never listened to shoegaze or post-rock...
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??