I play in a metal band and the amp I use (not the one in my sig) is very underpowered. Will the 100w of the ba115 (which i found for $250 on craigslist) fill my sound? I'm looking to be fully audible in practice and live as well - my guitarists are using 50w amps
My Rig:
Yamaha RBX 375 bass
Peavey Millenium BXP bass (won at Summer Slaughter 2010, signed by all the bands)
Eden Nemesis NC410 320w combo amp
Check out Tyrannicide, my death/thrash metal band:
http://www.myspace.com/tyrannicidemetal
Try Acoustic and Ashdown. The low end Ampegs lack in quality.
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410
The beginner's Ampeg isn't terrible actually.
But you should get more wattage.

I play in a metal band, 1 guitar Marshall half, doublebass-crash-china-drummer, keyboardist and it's PA support, and a vocalist with 500w PA.

I practice mostly with a 200w 1x15 (Peavey 115) and it's cranked up almost all the way.
I need to add an additional cab to get enough volumes for shows.

However, I've played some shows with a 1x15 150w Keyboard amp. And that works, but it's the minimum I can use.

I wouldn't look at anything less than 150w. Look for one in 300w+ in 4 ohm.
I'd think youd be pushing it, the drummer and any vocals would push your requirements up somewhat higher. 100 watts might not have very much headroom once you get it to the volume you need.

Some other posters should express a slight dislike for the BA series
"Rome wasn't built in a week"

"Yeah but when they built rome, they didnt go "hey look, there's a functional building" AND ****ING KICK IT OVER AND PISS ON THE ASHES BECAUSE THE PEASANTS WERE CRYING THAT IT WAS TOO GLORIOUS AND AWESOME."
Quote by Cody_Grey102
Try Acoustic and Ashdown. The low end Ampegs lack in quality.

true and i think laney offer good quality low end gear aswell.If your in the UK acoustic gear's kinda hard to get a hold of.:P

But Ashdown Perfect 10 is in that range dunno if you can get 2nd hand MAG's for that kinda cash.
Guitar Gear
Guitar: Ibanez GRG140 (black)
Amp:Peavey Vypyr 75

Bass Gear
Bass: Fender P-bass MIM,Peavey Millenium 5 BXP (x2),Epiphone Thunderbird
Amp:Ampeg PF500 w PF210 cab
Pedals: ODB-3,Big Muff.
Quote by Thegian
Some other posters should express a slight dislike for the BA series
...which blows my mind. The only problems I have with mine is that it's only a three-band EQ and the plywood is not the sturdiest. It sounds ****ing great though. Maybe it (BA-115) is not quite worth MSRP, which I understand. It's definitely a great deal for the $150 I got it for new, though.

And regarding its power, it's loud enough for everything I've done so far. It filled an auditorium, competing with a Marshall half-stack (don't remember what kind, probably something 100 watts solid-state) and a loud drummer. That being said, though, it doesn't have a whole lot of headroom.

Plus, in most serious gigs you can plug into the PA.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Last edited by food1010 at Sep 1, 2009,
Quote by food1010
...which blows my mind. The only problems I have with mine is that it's only a three-band EQ and the plywood is not the sturdiest. It sounds ****ing great though. Maybe it (BA-115) is not quite worth MSRP, which I understand. It's definitely a great deal for the $150 I got it for new, though.

And regarding its power, it's loud enough for everything I've done so far. It filled an auditorium, competing with a Marshall half-stack (don't remember what kind, probably something 100 watts solid-state) and a loud drummer. That being said, though, it doesn't have a whole lot of headroom.

Plus, in most serious gigs you can plug into the PA.

Ya same i love mine i got a ampeg ba115HT and its amazing.There is only a 3 band eq but its got the style selector which is nice
I have one i like them.$250 for one is a pretty good deal to
Quote by Damaged Roses
I don't really understand why basses have 24 frets, I mean, I've never seen a bassist playing more than the 12 fret.

My Gear-
Warwick Double Buck
Epiphone EB0
GK MB 210
Fender Rumble
alright, well, i think i'll save up for a more powerful amp. thanks for the feedback.
My Rig:
Yamaha RBX 375 bass
Peavey Millenium BXP bass (won at Summer Slaughter 2010, signed by all the bands)
Eden Nemesis NC410 320w combo amp
Check out Tyrannicide, my death/thrash metal band:
http://www.myspace.com/tyrannicidemetal