Hi guys!

K... so my first post and I'll get right to the point:

Erm... so I bought myself a guitar, and Ibanez RG350dx (which btw I simply love!!!) and was thinking of changing the pickups. Trouble is- I don't know what kind of pickup to go for

A friend recommended EMG... but that's it... I have no frickin' idea what model to buy and stuff...
I want a humbucker for the bridge, one which'd give me a good sustain and kinda like a bluesy/ rock feel

Help me out here please!

(And eyah..... I AM a newbie )
Quote by FGFL3
Hi guys!

K... so my first post and I'll get right to the point:

Erm... so I bought myself a guitar, and Ibanez RG350dx (which btw I simply love!!!) and was thinking of changing the pickups. Trouble is- I don't know what kind of pickup to go for

A friend recommended EMG... but that's it... I have no frickin' idea what model to buy and stuff...
I want a humbucker for the bridge, one which'd give me a good sustain and kinda like a bluesy/ rock feel

Help me out here please!

(And eyah..... I AM a newbie )

The Ibanez RG350dx is a decent guitar, what kind of amp do u have? The amp has much more effect on ur tone than ur guitar will, unless u have a decent tube amp or something i'd save up for a new amp, rather than new pickups.
Gear
Guitars
- Ibanez GRX20
- Austin SG
- Alveraz Artist Acoustic Electric
Amps
- Kustom 15W
- Peavey Vypyr 75W
- Monitor speaker!
Effects
- Behringer V-Amp Multi-effects
- Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
- Tubescreamer
- Sampera I
Quote by ShoeFactory
what kind of an amp do you have?

An old Fender Studio 15 (13W)...

It's pathetic really.... I'm planning to change it later....
Quote by Pennderinn
The Ibanez RG350dx is a decent guitar, what kind of amp do u have? The amp has much more effect on ur tone than ur guitar will, unless u have a decent tube amp or something i'd save up for a new amp, rather than new pickups.

Got a Fender Studio 15... sounds pretty bad

But see...I can't get enough sustain on my guitar... could be some problem witht eh hardware adjustment on the ax?
its probably your amp (fender studio? is it solid state or tube? old or new?). get something better. If you're into blues/rock, get a Blackheart, a crate V, or a fender pro junior, and get a boost or overdrive pedal for leads, more distortion and even more sutaing
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
If you don't gig, try a SuperChamp XD or VibroChamp XD. Best "new" amps in the 200-300 range for non gigging guys.

Pics of the guitar btw, congrats.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.