Hey, so i'm considering buying a 6262 from all sound clips and demo's and stuuf i've seen of it i see no problems with the Head, very versatile and sounds just the way i like amps to. However, i don't have the money for a Cab right now and i plan on upgrading parts on my guitar first so i might go without for a while. So, is the Combo version as good as the Head? Is it a safe enough bet that i should be confident in buying without trying? Is it gig worthy? and finally, what cab should i get when i do get one?
Personally, you should never really be confident of buying t without trying it - you need to know what it will sound like with you playing, and what others like may not be what you like. I would suggest trying one with a guitar at least similar to yours, so you can see if you like the tone - it may not be the same as the demo's....

Trust me, i ended up with a Marshall MG >_<
well, the Bugera is nothing like the MG series. Yes, the 6262 head is great (which I have along with the cab) and I imagine that the combo is a good bet.
R.I.P. Randy Rhoads
i bought my bugera v55 without trying and honestly i have skipped out on work for 2 days just to play it. If you love the tone and its in your price range, do it and dont have regrets. Id reccommend the combo if you are living at home though. They are smaller and easier to move and i believe the same wattage as the head just 2 less speakers. I have my v55 (55watt) master on 2. At 4~ the walls in my apartment start vibrating. As for bugeras bad rep, ive played the living crap out of this amp, played metal on it for a few hours, alot of blues some clean stuff and its not even flinching. Admittadly again i keep the volume pretty low but it worked when it got here which is better than it used to be for bugera. Im hoping the bad days are behind them, if they are ill get a 6262 too XD
~Defiant~
The reason i'm not trying it is because my store doesn't stock them and none of the ones they do fit the bill. To be fair, right now i play with a MG15CDR so any kind of Valve is a major jump up.
ALWAYS ALWAYS TRY BEFORE YOU BUY. Even if you have to travel 200 miles its worth going to a good well stocked store. Youtube helps a lot too.

take it from me ive bought amps via ebay because i couldnt try locally and its always a mistake. chances are you will love the 6262 but its a big risk especially considering its reliability issues.
How bad are the reliablility issues? like, is it gonna break down upon being let into the air or what? And yeah, i've listened to about 20 odd demos of the thing and i love it.
Help with what?

Let me put it this way, it has been known that the first batch of Bugera's were utter crap. Some people have had amps from the first batch, and haven't had problems though. Supposedly, the new batch fixed the main problems and failures of the amp. I'm pretty sure one of the main problems was transformer clip or something, but it's supposedly a simple repair. Now if it was me, I'd never buy one. You can get the real thing they're copying for not much more.
Used 5150. Reliable and will hold it's value better. .......and it sounds better.
Quote by BobDetroit
Used 5150. .......and it sounds better.

how do you know? have you listened to both? do you own either or are you just like alot of UGers and repeat what you have heard. I have owned both and still own the Bugera (with no probs for almost a year).
R.I.P. Randy Rhoads
Quote by madh4ttr
how do you know? have you listened to both? do you own either or are you just like alot of UGers and repeat what you have heard. I have owned both and still own the Bugera (with no probs for almost a year).

Your skepticism is understandable here on UG. Yes I've owned/own a 5150 and I've played and heard the Bugera quite a lot. I give piano lessons at a music store so I get to play/hear lots of stuff between lessons.

EDIT: I also admit my strong bias toward American made equipment. It's just better quality.

(and that Les Paul on your page is gorgeous!)
Last edited by BobDetroit at Sep 1, 2009,
As much as i'd like a used 5150 there isn't really a used market where i am and i don't trust ebay with something costing this much money. I'm checking Craigslist everyday. I'm going to my store tomorrow to see if i like the ValveKing.
Quote by BobDetroit
Your skepticism is understandable here on UG. Yes I've owned/own a 5150 and I've played and heard the Bugera quite a lot. I give piano lessons at a music store so I get to play/hear lots of stuff between lessons.

EDIT: I also admit my strong bias toward American made equipment. It's just better quality.

(and that Les Paul on your page is gorgeous!)

cool, thanx for the compliment.
R.I.P. Randy Rhoads
Quote by willT08
As much as i'd like a used 5150 there isn't really a used market where i am and i don't trust ebay with something costing this much money. I'm checking Craigslist everyday. I'm going to my store tomorrow to see if i like the ValveKing.

If you decided on a 6262 then go for it. It's a great amp. But if you think you want a used 5150, I've filled my home studio with used stuff from eBay with no problems. You have to do your home work though. Send the seller a message and see if they send one back. Read their add closely. Many items on eBay are sold from retail stores so it's really no different than the buying without trying you're considering now. Good Luck. Hope you get the amp you want.
okay, if i really don't like the Valveking tomorrow (or today but in 10 hours or so) then the 6262 will be my new amp. Thanks for all the ideas and suggestions guys.
I usually buy and then try amps.Results? More than 45 amps at my home!If you have place and money you can buy before try!
i thought the 6262 combo sounded like poop and didnt produce enough low/low mids.
the 6505 is far better, no matter how many people get mad at me and say that i dont know what im talking about.
and i dont like the valveking, but its worth you trying it
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

Mesa Boogie Mark III blue dot Coliseum

Mesa Traditional 4x12 v30's x EVM 12l's

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION